Bore scope

Hmmm well worth a look,though bore problems are usually gradual,but I expect you have already checked out the more likely culprit(s) like the scope?(and haven't changed ammo etc drastically?)

Gbal

Jim,,,,Given all usual things you check are ok[round count?] then could be powder/carbon fouling in the throat,,,can you feel slight roughness in throat area even after your cleaning regime? I had this once with a 8T 6BR and RL15 where I was not thorough enough with the bronze brush and fouling built up quite quickly and loss of good grouping.Had to be quite severe short stroking with a slightly worn brush and carbon cleaner followed by a JB polish which brought throat back to a good feel again and all was well.I have since changed the powder but improved my cleaning regime a long time ago now and no more problems.,,,,regds ,,,O

Jim,

I'm near Bude and have a bore scope!

Also Onehole's comments about carbon in the throat area is a good place to start! Very much cartridge dependant. JB or similar, good solvents and a bit if time to soak etc. resolves.

Terry

Archived