Gun replacement for my 22 mag

223 is a good choice I have owned and used a .223 for years but I changed to a .20tac if you load your own I would go with a .20tac or any of the .20 all good if you buy loaded ammo I would stick with .223 or a 204 all good for what you are wanting

Get a 223 and go out and shoot, will do everything you have listed 1-12 twist or if your wanting to stretch its legs 1-8 if your permissions suit ,my 1-12 is pushing 53gr vmax at about 3500fps out 26 inch tube puts Charlie down ,devastating on vermin what's not to love .223 has been around for ever, it's a military round ,easily loaded and plenty factory ammo

Regards lee

As other advices...any 22cf -there isn't much in it really,cost wise for ammo (you should not use military FMJ on live targets),and even less if you reload.There are alternatives-20 and 17rem (not rf),if you can live with the 'not always off the shelf' issues of supply.250y is realistic-drop and wind drift make longer shots iffy.223 does suit many users,and has very large,available choices.

Tikka,remmington or secondhand sako there is a 223 remmi vssf in the for sale section I own a vssf and love it , I also looked at a t3 when I was searching for a 223 didn't like the plastic bolt shroud but action was smooth and trigger pretty good as standard don't rule out cz527 had one nice truck gun very lite short and had a set trigger which I liked

Recommendation on make/ set up Iam told howa 1500 but read there pretty bad. Have about 750 max to spend

Helpful to be clear if £750 is for the rifle,or to include scope (etc) - there are a some good used rifles out there well under £750.

Archived