Bore Rider Barrel Care

trucraft

I read an article some time ago on Accurate Shooter about Bore Rider Jags and thought what a good idea.

The principle is to act as bore guide but at the business end of the rod, just behind the jag or brush.

When cleaning my 7mm i often clip the crown with the back of the brass jag as i pull it back.

So after calling round to see if anyone sold them in the UK I got chatting to Spud.

He said he would get on it and get back to me. Well he must have hung up and called the US straight away as an order was booked within hours.

These are made to order but arrived a few weeks after.

IMG_20140703_090232760_zpsnk7iinvk.jpg

IMG_20140703_150156324_zpstrsj5gq4.jpg

7mm Bore Rider on the left with my 7mm jag. Bore rider jag on the right.

Both work really nicely and now my brass jag can't clip the crown.

These are a really nice product with lots of caliber choice and male or female standard threads.

They arn't cheep when compared to standard cleaning gear but to be honest you probably only need the Bore Rider and then use your on jags in them.

IMG_20140703_091845998_zpsezetnhem.jpg

IMG_20140703_091836382_zpsfwtcnawb.jpg

Once again nice one Mark for getting these sorted.

I have been using mine since Christmas and have to say they are superb, cleaning time is only about a third of what it used to be. So you do get a saving in components to offset against the initial cost.

Gareth

Gareth,good to hear these work well,and reduce time/number of patches etc.Presumably,this is because they are a slightly tighter fit in the bore-have you noticed that,or any differences with different patches?

g

Gareth,good to hear these work well,and reduce time/number of patches etc.Presumably,this is because they are a slightly tighter fit in the bore-have you noticed that,or any differences with different patches?

g

Hi there George,

They are a tighter fit, you can see quite clearly the marks where the patches have gone into the grooves. I had ordered a big batch of Sinclair patches, so am using those. They are square rather than the recommended round ones.

Gareth

PS are you going to Otterburn on Saturday?

Nice one trucraft can i pinch some images?

Currently i have had quite a few fly out this last wek or so i do have a few left with an expected eta of the next order mid November as these are hand made.

Nice one trucraft can i pinch some images?

Currently i have had quite a few fly out this last wek or so i do have a few left with an expected eta of the next order mid November as these are hand made.

No prob mate. Can you take them from here or would it be easier if I email them to you?

• 1 month later...

Archived