Lapua brass,

flash holes de burred,

lee Collet neck sized,

44.0 grns of Varget

155 scenar loaded to COL 2.810...which I think is SAMMI + 0.010

Crono reading was 2700 fps average.

Guest varmartin

Hi Millpool,

Its funny , I was talking to Silent yesterday about your .308 SSG and asked what load you use.

I said I bet if you could do some long range shooting with yours after working up a good load, then may be you would keep it and join us for some long range summer shooting sessions ?

Its a pi** easy load, nothing tricky just good components that have been tried and proven to work in an awful lot of 7.62/.308`s.

Don`t sell it till you have tried it mate, cos you will never know if you don`t. :P

Hi Millpool,

Its funny , I was talking to Silent yesterday about your .308 SSG and asked what load you use.

I said I bet if you could do some long range shooting with yours after working up a good load, then may be you would keep it and join us for some long range summer shooting sessions ?

Its a pi** easy load, nothing tricky just good components that have been tried and proven to work in an awful lot of 7.62/.308`s.

Don`t sell it till you have tried it mate, cos you will never know if you don`t. ;)

i have been using 168a max over vit 140 ,good groups ,but nothing like that rifle of yours ,i have just been on the phone to our local dealer whom we all know and love GUESS WHAT!!!!! he has no scenars left( what a suprise that was) oh well ,we wil see ,awsome shooting with yous i must say ,i feel inspired to give mine a whirl!!! better clean it out !!! :P:):P

later

Guest varmartin

Sorry about the scenars mate, I picked up the last 2 boxes for me and Silent....1 each.

He is getting a load more in as i want a truck load for my self.

He is getting them in :huh: When might that be then????????????? :huh: Hope it sooner than my 243 cases which I have been waiting for since I have squeezed Millpools .17 into a .22 stock for him some months ago :( I could have swore I saw a snail over take him last week ;)

Guest varmartin

get on to him again Nigel, He is a funny sort....usually he as got frig all.

I managed to pick up every thing I needed to reload and clean a 308 in one visit. The only thing he did not have was a set of reloading Dies...I am still deciding which ones to get though :huh:

It will end being LEE I am sure...as that`s what Jamie used when he put 50 together for me whilst I was fixing the scope and playing with my new toy in his Ex- bedroom come re-loading room :huh:

get on to him again Nigel, He is a funny sort....usually he as got frig all.

I managed to pick up every thing I needed to reload and clean a 308 in one visit. The only thing he did not have was a set of reloading Dies...I am still deciding which ones to get though :huh:

It will end being LEE I am sure...as that`s what Jamie used when he put 50 together for me whilst I was fixing the scope and playing with my new toy in his Ex- bedroom come re-loading room :(

martin

i have a set of rcbs full length dies that i dont use as i have a set of comp dies,if their any good for you let me know ,very resonable price my boy!!!pm me or ring :huh:;)

Guest varmartin

Thanks for all your kind words chaps..it is nice when things come together, especially when you buy a used rifle in an unknown condition.

When the time allows I will stretch her legs right out there and report on the results.

Millpool, thanks for the offer on the Dies...I will have them off of you buddy..catch up soon. :)

Guest varmartin

Went out for a shoot with Silent last night on our piece of land nick named...`Little Africa`. ( for the amount of varied game it holds )

A most enjoyable evening had too.

First bunny was by silent with his 17hmr 60 yards as a warmer shot...now out with the .223 and he vapourised one at 145 yards.

I got the 7.62 out and scored a first round cold bore kill at 212 yards. B)

Then another at 245 yards , missed one at 245 yards ..( not enough wind )

Then nailed one at 285 yards. it won a gold for a Quad back somersault ;)

Then Silent showed me how to launch a 220 yard bunny 30 foot in the air with his 7.62 Parker Hayle...awesome :P , We will have to get some on video next time.

Hi martin,

Out myself last night!!!

First blood with a cold barrel, one shot,,, 327 yards ;)

Jay got one at 226 head shot

Then some targets??? Did not like 150g remington factory ammo??

lucky as i only bought two boxes to try B)

Now trying to get some dies?? And get on the home loads??

As i shot the last of the one,s that i was given,,,

All the best F2n

Guest varmartin
Hi martin,

Out myself last night!!!

First blood with a cold barrel, one shot,,, 327 yards ;)

Jay got one at 226 head shot

Then some targets??? Did not like 150g remington factory ammo??

lucky as i only bought two boxes to try :(

Now trying to get some dies?? And get on the home loads??

As i shot the last of the one,s that i was given,,,

All the best F2n

Ain't that a great feeling...new rifle, new load, cold bore....one shot.... B)

What dies you got in mind ?

I tested the run out before and after neck sizing on Silents Lee collet dies and if a Nat's chuff there was next to NO run out.!!!

That proves my chamber is `TRUE` and Lee dies are very usable.!!!

Hi Ian,

155 grains certainly launches little bunnies.... :o

Hi matey,,

I have been looking at some forster ultra dies!!!!

The load that i have been using was 46.5 of vit 140 and 155 scenars In lapua brass

But i think that this is a hot load,, Good for 1000 yards,,

Will try some varget???, It seems that a lot of people like it ???

Reloader 15 Is a good one,,,,

And vit 540

To be honest if the varget will perform in my gun!!! then i will stick with it,,,,,

All the best, Darrel

Guest varmartin

Hi Darrel,

Onehole has just picked me up some LEE deluxe dies as a stop gap, to keep me going until I visit the USA.

Your load is hot, but if it is not showing any pressure signs and you get good accuracy...go with it. should be 2900 ish ?

It will also stay supersonic to 1200 yards ;)

Varget is in short supply in the last 4 places I have looked, so stock up if you can get it !!

I also have R15 and 540, so we are on the same lines :o

Cheers

Archived