Cadwell stable table or similar.

Has anyone used one of the above or something similar?

Was wondering if they are worth the money.

Any feedback would be great:)

Cheers

Danny.

My son and I recently made our own portable shooting bench which serves the purpose very well and cost less than £50 - £30 for folding legs from eBay and MDF for the top.

I doubt the Caldwell Stable Table is going to be cheap, and probably no better than out home-made job ... ...

de6a431d04d9540260e2455a547de0e4.jpg

In use on the range at Cawdor last week.

65b714cb22c6aebc2ef68298b4227677.jpg

A view from above.

This is very sturdy - I am unable to shoot prone owing to a road-accident injury to my sternum and find our home-made bench excellent.

My son and I recently made our own portable shooting bench which serves the purpose very well and cost less than £50 - £30 for folding legs from eBay and MDF for the top.

I doubt the Caldwell Stable Table is going to be cheap, and probably no better than out home-made job ... ...de6a431d04d9540260e2455a547de0e4.jpg

In use on the range at Cawdor last week.65b714cb22c6aebc2ef68298b4227677.jpg

A view from above.

This is very sturdy - I am unable to shoot prone owing to a road-accident injury to my sternum and find our home-made bench excellent.

Looks really good Rob:)

Was playing with the idea of making one, has to be quite compact to fit in my Jimny.

Cheers

Danny.

Mine fits into my Golf quite easily. To be honest the top could have been made smaller and still given me enough room. I sit on the MTM dry box and get on very well - obviously it's not a heavy concrete/wooden bench but it does what I ask of it.

This is the ebaY supplier I bought my legs from.

Mine fits into my Golf quite easily. To be honest the top could have been made smaller and still given me enough room. I sit on the MTM dry box and get on very well - obviously it's not a heavy concrete/wooden bench but it does what I ask of it.This is the ebaY supplier I bought my legs from.

Thanks for the info Rob. This could be a serious option for me:)

Cheers

Danny.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have the Caldwell stable table. I have problems with my neck and find a mat too uncomfortable on occasion. The CST is easy to build and reasonably stable in use. I found the top a little small and made another from two layers of 18mm plywood. I would buy the CST again, if that helps you decide. Cheers. J.

Black and Decker Work Mate 301 £26

Easy carry,light weight,folds flat,add ply top any shape you like(ultra light version just uses a tongue and groove plank about 36x4" in the jaws) and separate seat.

Shoots in the .2s (rifle not included).

gbal

Archived