Big larsen trap

6.5shooter

Hi all,

I have a major crow problem on my farm and I mean major!

I have a calf house that is just a sea of black! Its very open and airy so the crows just fly in from wherever direction they like!

Been shooting them with airguns quite successfully but this still seems to have no effect on the numbers, they just keep coming in hundreds and thousands!

I would keep shooting them but I need a quicker fix as its costing me alot of money on calf feed!

I have came up with an idea of a big larsen to try to catch them, say 6 ft by 6 ft or something to this effect.

Would it work?

If so is there anyone who makes such a thing and if so who? Time is limited atm and would prefer to buy if possible but if its a ransom I would have to try making something.

Any suggestions!

This morning I walked in and I had put an owl decoy up lastnight, it was lying on the floor this morning along with all of my medicine bottles and syringes etc.

these buggers are so cheeky and are not bothered about prey decoys.

A ladder trap maybe better than a Larsen style trap for catching large numbers of crows. Not sure if you can buy them ready made but there are loads of plans on'th tinterweb.

Not sure how big your calf area is but Gull netting would work well?

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you make a ladder trap very effective for crows and very easy to make

Time is the key factor Mark,

If I can get some spare when work dies a bit I will make a start.

Archived