drone pro mounting

pork chop

anyone got a drone on a rem 700,just wondering if there's any mounting issues with the bolt catching the sight or eye relief.read that you may need a raising block on the weaver rail (think that was a tikka though)

The only reported issue with the Remington 700 is that because the rail on the Remington is quite short, the Drone may sit a little too far forward (for some people) to get a comfortable shooting position.

This can be solved quite easily with a number of different after market rails (or indeed, our own Picatinny Long Rail adapter).

I ended up with a reversed 0MOA Evolution Gun Works rail on my Tikka 595 which gave me an extra 2 slots rearward adjustment over a TET rail...... which was just enough for the eye-relief and its a 10mm rail which just clears the Tikka's bolt on the rear clamp bolt on the Drone. (The EGW's come with screws and to allow for the different lengths into the 595's action, the rail is drilled to different depths so you might need to obtain some extra screws and grind them to length)

I bought it through Kinneysshootingsupplies.com (along with a DIP dovetail to picatinny rail adaptor for the Finnfire) I can't get the Kinneys site to load up on my Mac <_< but there are others on the Stalking Directory that have placed orders recently.

Another... quicker.. alternative would be to contact Alan Rhone, speak to the riflesmith (Erwin?) and he'll be happy to do you a custom rail.

More stuff in these... start off with tikka but useful stuff in there:

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6520

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6384

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

I ended up with a reversed 0MOA Evolution Gun Works rail on my Tikka 595 which gave me an extra 2 slots rearward adjustment over a TET rail...... which was just enough for the eye-relief and its a 10mm rail which just clears the Tikka's bolt on the rear clamp bolt on the Drone. (The EGW's come with screws and to allow for the different lengths into the 595's action, the rail is drilled to different depths so you might need to obtain some extra screws and grind them to length)

I bought it through Kinneysshootingsupplies.com (along with a DIP dovetail to picatinny rail adaptor for the Finnfire) I can't get the Kinneys site to load up on my Mac <_< but there are others on the Stalking Directory that have placed orders recently.

Another... quicker.. alternative would be to contact Alan Rhone, speak to the riflesmith (Erwin?) and he'll be happy to do you a custom rail.

More stuff in these... start off with tikka but useful stuff in there:

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6520

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6384

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

cheers for that fizz,i knew i'd read about the tikka somewhere.the drone is on its way bit of luck it will be here tomorrow and i'll see how it fits if its just eye relief i can remove a stock spacer or two

the cz neads a rail because off the bolt lift and eye relieve so u may need to get the longer rail mate

well i mounted the drone this morning,even with the stock spacer's removed it's still to far forward so just ordered the rail,bolt clear's fine so i'm off out tonight.

must say i'm very pleased from what i've seen so far well made and looks very easy to use unlike the pulsar i had

anyone got one one a sako 75 whats the best rail for the job?

Atb Matt

Yes, I have one on my 75 20 Tac

I use a custom made rail but you can buy Recknagel rails from Alan Rhone, I personally don't like them but others seem to get on OK with them. Near Manufacturing in Canada also make nice rails but they appear to be hard to get now.

I had a length of rail bolted to 2 optiloc bases works a treat on a Sako 75. John Carr makes some very good stainless steel rails much stronger than aluminium, I have just had one put on a Tikka 590.

Archived