Ase Utra CQB 223 Mod ,,,Ok with 6mm Too?

I have seen several posts on various sites that as long as close machining and fit is evident the use of an Ase utra CQB"223" mod with a 7.3 mm internal and exit hole will safely pass a 6.18 bullet with no problem given all suitable barrel/twist/bullet etc are adhered to. I intend to use my existing CQB Ase utra mod for this purpose and having done the maths where a .25 cal 6.35mm} bullet is ok with a up to .25 cal hole ie 7.6mm{.299 thou} in an Ase Utra compact then a 6.18 bullet should be ok in a CQB hole of 7.3mm{.287 thou}????

The increased restriction amounts to only 12 thou or .3 of a mm,,,,,,,,,,,,I am thinking this is safe,,,,,,,,,,,? With respect can I have some experienced/professional views on this,,,,,,,,many thanks,,,Onehole.

I'd be very interested in this also, I have a .223 and and I'm thinking of a 6mmBR. Got the ase utra compact .25

Your mod is suitable being .25[7.6mmhole},,,,, the ".22" 5.56mm cqb has a slightly smaller internal and exit hole 7.3mm which is smaller and of some debatable concern,,,,,O

I've used my cqb on my .243 and now my 6x47 and it spot on. Small, compact and built like a tank

Brill ,,,,thought it should be ok,,,,,,,just trying to save expense of a new mod on next build,,,,,,,,,O

Archived