Another paint job

Sent this rifle to Dave a while back and recieved it back last week.

Its my 223 rpa rifle, it became a bit of an old boot :lol: as it was used so much, chips out of the stock here and there and the action bluing was becoming a bit dull and almost rust like in places on the bottom metal also.

He has transformed it and it has turned out much better than I anticipated, being the second rifle that Dave has painted for me it has lived up to the standards of the first rifle.

FDC103E7-5C74-47ED-912C-7C349ABE5610.jpg

694AD477-C14E-4A2B-A026-8EE4AC90B4EF.jpg

I have found a new use for my boots! Could not place my atlas and I was in a hurry so here it is, the next generation of benchrest.

cant see why people spend hundreds on fancy rests,good looking rifle too.dave does some great work

PC,when I did,folks were trying to put five shots through one hole,less than calibre diameter :-) Tough ask,a few came close,but it hasn't been done yet,so rests keep evolving.....heavier than a big sand bag now...hernia risk !

Tisme,real class too in that 'distresssed.shabby chic' look,,no gucci bling there,completely natural.

Gbal

PC,when I did,folks were trying to put five shots through one hole,less than calibre diameter :-) Tough ask,a few came close,but it hasn't been done yet,so rests keep evolving.....heavier than a big sand bag now...hernia risk !

Tisme,real class too in that 'distresssed.shabby chic' look,,no gucci bling there,completely natural.

Gbal

meaning when you can use an old boot (said in jest)

meaning when you can use an old boot (said in jest)

Absolutely,might get a wet foot,but seriously lighter for field use...especially with the QR laces.They come with a spare too,which seb,farley etc don't........ :-)

That's a really great camo paint job ,,,,lovely colours,,,One of my interceptor stocks is geeting a few dings now,,,,don,t think I will use hydrographics next time around.

6.5 shooter,,,,,You got some long arms I reckon??,,,,,,,Nice rifle mate,,,,Regds ,,,Onehole.

That's a really great camo paint job ,,,,lovely colours,,,One of my interceptor stocks is geeting a few dings now,,,,don,t think I will use hydrographics next time around.

6.5 shooter,,,,,You got some long arms I reckon??,,,,,,,Nice rifle mate,,,,Regds ,,,Onehole.

Teehee yep im 6ft5.

Wether I buy a shotgun, airrifle, centrefire rifle, they all have to be lengthened lol

Teehee yep im 6ft5.

Wether I buy a shotgun, airrifle, centrefire rifle, they all have to be lengthened lol

Thought so,,haha,,,,,,,,,,just love my RPA quadlites ,,,they have some hangups but that locktime is just insane,,,pinggggg

Nice paint job Garry/Dave.

Technically that is a mono pod at the front guys, not a bipod. :D

Mike

Well spotted and corrected Mike-It's probably still legal in most competitions,if not the spare left 'boot' can be easily laced in,and it's completely ambifooterous with either boot deployed. The vibram sole will take a range of loadings,so it is not nearly so load sensitive as metallic leg designs.Available in a wide range of fittings/sizes too.Lace up elevation adjustment is somewhat slow with gloves,and the velcro version isn't completely silent.Also in tacticool black.

• 4 weeks later...

Rifle looks awesome Garry nice paint work ;) How many RPA's do you have now Sir?

I have 5 now Mike ?

Debating wether or not to rebarrel my swift in swift again or go 22br. Cant decide as I want to paint that rifle also.

What do you use noe Mike?

Archived