Anyone tried a Hardys suppressor

Herbert2007

Have both gen 3 and 4, you will need the 3 for a 300wsm to cope with the volume of gas. The 4 works on low volume or low pressure rounds like a .223 or 6.5x55 but not on a 270 or 243. Just my experience.

Mike

Have both gen 3 and 4, you will need the 3 for a 300wsm to cope with the volume of gas. The 4 works on low volume or low pressure rounds like a .223 or 6.5x55 but not on a 270 or 243. Just my experience.

Mike

Interesting, I have the 4 on a 243. You're right, it's certainly loud at the muzzle, but it spreads the sound with that brake so from any distance it appears as good as another mod. It's a good weight, and just about gets it below damage levels for the shooters ear.

I found my ASE compact near comparable to a p8, the hardy will be a lot louder

I can't comment on how quiet they are compared to a Wildcat (having never laid eyes on one out here) but they're 1000X better than an unsuppressed gun. I have no qualms hunting with it my 7-08 and I wouldn't do it unless I thought it'd taken the risk down to an acceptable level. I don't have tinnitus after shooting with it and my 4kHz hearing threshold hasn't shifted which is probably the ultimate indicator.

My son has a Gen4 on his .260 and I was using a Gen3 on one of my .223s yesterday.

If you like, I can ask Dan what's pending

I use a Gen 4 Hardy on my 270 WSM which I bought to replace a Wildcat Predator 8.

The Hardy is really nicely made and very light but it is much louder than the Wildcat, I thought this was acceptable on what is my stalking rifle but I would think again if I was not carrying my rifle about.

I use a DM80 on my main foxing rifle which I rate very highly indeed, quiet and not that heavy either.

Archived