Howa 1500 build

Hello thanks for permitting me to join UKV.

I am planning on replacing the barrel on my Howa 1500 varmint in .243win for a match grade stainless alternative @24/26" capable of stabilising heavier bullets. The rifle currently sits in a Bell and Carlson Medalist Varmint stock with a Timney trigger fitted.

The rifle will spend a lot of time down at the range but must retain its field heritage as a backup weapon.

I know that this rifle will always be a Howa and not a custom match receiver but i enjoy shooting this rifle and would like to improve the accuracy of it even further.

Can anyone make any recommendations based on any work that they have had done for Howa rifles. I was wondering whether a gunsmith would be able to work with this existing stock to improve the accuracy of this rifle?

I hope some of you have some recommendations which i can adopt....

Thanks for listening

The Howa action is OK and you can build a decent rifle on one. However, it's the old story - come to sell it and it's just a Howa - don't spend too much.

Thanks Gun Pimp... I think the same goes for any customised gun rather than custom. Plan is to keep and use rather than sell so as long as i'm happy i dont care about the resale value...

Archived