Sized brass

Guest fern

After resizing brass how long would you leave it before completing the load?????

Wondered if its possible that it could shrink back in any way?????

FERN

After resizing brass how long would you leave it before completing the load?????

Wondered if its possible that it could shrink back in any way?????

FERN

hi -

i all ways size my brass and then reload it straight away.

i do believe if you leave it you get a condition known as spring back, and this will give you uneven neck tension

ATB

Colin ;)

How does having a bullet in the neck stop it from getting this "spring back"? Surely it tries to grow again, to the size it was when fired? Or does it try to shrink? ;)

In order to permanantly alter the size of your brass properly it must be sized past its elastic limit.

There will always be spring back with the initial sizing and this must be accounted for when sizing.

The case that has been sized passed its elastic limit will not spring back or grow passed its final dimension, unles effected by heat, it will of course shrink back to its original sized dimension once it starts to cool.

Ian.

Sized brass will last for years, ammo that has been loaded for years would fall apart if that were not the case. Try keeping it on a low shelf in the fridge to keep it freah :lol::lol:

John

Cheers guys, was just wondering. The FRIDGE???? i was once told the OVEN??? home insurance has never been yhe same since :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Regards FERN

I only load when I have 50+ cases that need loading. I resize-tumble etc in batchs of 20/25 so my cases could go 6 months from sizing to loading. No problems noted to date.

A

Archived