4500 J Range Limit - Bisley

Hi all , Following a F class training weekend and the first shoot at Bisley since the 4500 J limit was introduced we seem to have a system in place which although not perfect will enable all of us who shoot over this limit to continue .

There will be two of this years six National comps held at Bisley which will come under the ban as the other four will be shared between Blair & Diggle which are private ranges .

We had to shoot at a small dot on an A4 sheet target from around 20 metres but having our elevation settings to what we would use at the 1000 yards range . There is a box about 5 inches above which has been designed to project a range of elevations from 7mm's to 30 cal taking into account the mantle , target and backstop .

so in brief , if you don't get five shots into the box , you can't shoot the rifle .

Regards

OSOK

Guest dasherman
Hi all , Following a F class training weekend and the first shoot at Bisley since the 4500 J limit was introduced we seem to have a system in place which although not perfect will enable all of us who shoot over this limit to continue .

There will be two of this years six National comps held at Bisley which will come under the ban as the other four will be shared between Blair & Diggle which are private ranges .

We had to shoot at a small dot on an A4 sheet target from around 20 metres but having our elevation settings to what we would use at the 1000 yards range . There is a box about 5 inches above which has been designed to project a range of elevations from 7mm's to 30 cal taking into account the mantle , target and backstop .

so in brief , if you don't get five shots into the box , you can't shoot the rifle .

Regards

OSOK

How did you get your scope to focus down to 20m. I've always had problems on the 25m zeroing range as a target Leupold does not focus at this range.

Sounds like a decent idea Greg.

I take it this does not apply to those who intend to shoot at Diggle or Blair Athol?

Just waitin for a stock then "i'm in" ;)

Hi Dasherman , I use a 12-42 NXS on the 7mm which doesn't focus down quite to the distance required but when you turn the mag down you can see enough to get the job done .

Hi Ronin , I hope to do the 1000 yarder at Diggle on Saturday to give me the drops and a guide before the first National the following week there , if you get chance come along .

Regards

OSOK

Archived