Yes well done that man!!!!! ;):o

All the best.................

RAY................................ :D:(

Yes well done that man!!!!! ;):o

All the best.................

RAY................................ :D:(

Thanks guys.

We were very happy to get it out of the way and passed. Shooting test was fine, I managed a nice tight sub inch group to start with at 1m and the rest went OK from there.

Safety test was a bit nervy but finhe once we got going and then I was really pleased to get 100% on the ID, Large Game and Written assesments.

DSC2 signed up fro now as well!

Jerry

I managed a nice tight sub inch group to start with at 1m .....oh well done ;):o

Is that a close zero test before they let you loose at 100 ?

Glad you got it out of the way.

Send a copy of DSC cert to your police force, I did. I was told they like to see more paper in your profile to show your doing something and this backs up your safety record.

Well done.

I think the comment on sending a copy to your FEO is a good one. It makes you look like you're making an effort. It can't hurt can it.

I'm thinking of taking the DSC1 at some point. My mentor got me through the certificate side of things and I can stalk on my own, but I've been told it's well worth doing anyway. How did you find it? Was it as hard as you expected? Shooting a 1" group at 1m sounds like a challenge though! ;):o

"Send a copy of DSC cert to your police force, I did. I was told they like to see more paper in your profile to show your doing something and this backs up your safety record."

This also helps open up your cert if it isnt already. Well done,

ATB

Ads

Doh.....100m group....not 1m. Sorry, I was posting that of my phone which is never easy.

Just got in at home, long day but still smiling!

Flight was a little late and we had one final drama that needed BA Baggage Handlers attention and paper work, more of that later when I get a chance to write a few things up.

In the mean time there will be some pictures in the Gallery in a bit.

Great weekend, would have been great even if I had not passed. Company could not be better, very interesting doing the DSC1 work, great tutor and fantastic location.

Now the race is on for DSC2.........

I was really surprised at how well the study has gone and how the instructor guides you each step of the way. I read the manul through 3 or 4 times and worked through the deer quest CD most nights for a month, plus a bit of wider reading. If I can get 100% on all the tests then anybody can!

Jerry

A few pictures from the weekend, I did not take that many as I was too busy thinking about the tests etc:-

Brian shooting his 100m Zero group of 3:

DSC1_1.jpg

Brian, Simon and Rob in the wet, waiting to shoot or do our safety test:

DSC1_2.jpg

The countryside, the shooting test took place in the middle of the forest that you can see in the distance:

DSC1_3.jpg

Top Gear Moment, we lucked out on our hire car getting a near band new Saab 93 Estate Aero, very nice to drive and great roads to try it out, Simon bringing up the rear in his oil burner……

:twisted:

DSC1_4.jpg

The happy crew at the end, all smiles as we had passed!!!!!

DSC1_5.jpg

One other bit of interest was we passed a Hindu temple each day going from the B&B to the test centre, bizarre thing to find in the middle of the Scottish hills!

Tibet_1.jpg

Tibet_2.jpg

Is a 243 enough for a yak????

Tibet_3.jpg

Jerry

Excellent result, well done. Pleased you found it Ok,

NJC,

I did my level 1 before I had set sights on any deer, once you get hold of the CD with the questions on your halfway there.

A

Archived