A new rifle stock required

Redshift

I've had a barrelled action sitting in the cabinet for over a year now, I think it's time to get it stocked up!!!!!

Can anybody point me in the right direction of a good smith.

The stock I want will be f-class/ benchrest, I want the stock fitted with a bedding block ( I've already got it)

The action is a Barnard S (if that makes any difference )

I'm thinking of a shehane type job

Based down south would be ideal

Any names/ numbers will be greatly appreciated.

Redshift

Look at the Joe West range of stocks not down your way but they are the dogs .they had a range of them at diggle when the f class nationals were on so dodging the rain i had a good look at them. i would /will go with one for my next venture they are of excellant quality and works of art.

The main problem that I have with joe west stocks is that I can't get hold of him, I've tried multiple emails and phone calls ( left messages ) so that company is a none starter at the moment, which is a bit of a pisser as I really like the look of his stocks.

Redshift

The main problem that I have with joe west stocks is that I can't get hold of him, I've tried multiple emails and phone calls ( left messages ) so that company is a none starter at the moment, which is a bit of a pisser as I really like the look of his stocks.

Redshift

Maybe he's away as that's not normal. I would try again next week.

Redshift

I think Joe is heading up to Blair Atholl for a F class league shoot so try next week.

Cheers

Dave

This is strange, we always answer all emails within a couple of days and pick up the phone whenever it rings. Sometimes it is hard to hear/not possible to answer the phone due to operating machines, noise etc. Please ring me (Joe) tomorrow on 07788 535673 and I will do my best to help you out.

Mick from Dolphin Guns. He makes CNC chassis's and is a Dealer for Barnard actions. His reputation would appear to be excellent. I have a Barnard SM & have been considering a restock, I've already made my mind up it'll be Mick.

shehane st1000 tracker thumbhole. prettiest stock out there imho, but i'm biased as i have 2 of them.....

if you want it done right, precision rifle services or andy mass are the 2 people i'd consider using. gunsmiths are like dentists, most folk love their dentist but don't actually know much about it to make an informed decision. the same goes for peoples reccomendations....

happy shooting whatever you choose.

d

Just a thought we now do a complete S action inlet ready for bedding, supplied with pillars, action bolts ,escuheon and trigger guard as a package, we can even supply stocks with the square blocks on each end so mounting on a mill is very very simple, once bedded return it to us and we will finish it.

By the way Andy and Neil are very good riflesmiths.

Redshift we are near Norwich and depending where in Essex you are it may not be a long journery to come and see us or we will be at Bisley Phoenix in May.

Archived