ITRS rail trg

moc1

the stock and metal part all sit flush, like this one: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/998665_563226780386506_123790516_n.jpg.

ive never seen a trg with a bit sticking out, i think mines about 3 years old. is this an option on the newer models?

the stock and metal part all sit flush, like this one: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/998665_563226780386506_123790516_n.jpg.

ive never seen a trg with a bit sticking out, i think mines about 3 years old. is this an option on the newer models?

My understanding is that TRGs supplied with the ITRS fitted have the extended chassis. Although I cannot get a definitive answer from GMK, the reason for the extension is to allow additional fitting of a further Picatinney rail (ITRS) under it. I posted a thread about obtaining one of these some months back but the search was unsuccessful. A guy at the last Phoenix meeting had one but would only sell it attached to the rifle :blush: If I can find the original post I'll attach a picture of it.

The last time I spoke with GMK about this fitment the cost was absolutely stupid money, almost the same cost as the ITRS in the OP.

cheers for your help, but i think ive found a solution... and its not throwing it under the bed to gather dust! basically i brought a

third eye picatinny rail the other day and noticed that its quite high compared to my warne. so i took the trg

apart and fitted the itrs rail and then the mount with my scope on it and it nearly fit,probably a mm out.

i found an old ruler and taped this on to the base of the rifle and added the rail and scope

on top and its a perfect hight. this measured to be .1 of an inch more than the third eye rail. does any one know of

a rail thats slightly larger than the third eye or i may try and get one made up? and the scope still sits low and

eye placement is perfect.

The iron sights fit the end of the barrel, that's why the slot is cut at the top to align them.

The 22 has a 20mm shorter action than the 42 so not sure on rail length (for receiver)

The Jordanian spec 22's have a piccatinny rail fitted on the action, it's sat quite forward, and leaves a 20mm or so 'gap' at the back, but I'm informed that is to allow fitting of the back up rear iron sights. Which would seem perfectly feasible as all the factory sighting systems are for fitting to the standard 17(?)mm dovetails machined into the action. It's also hanging off the front by 20mm or so, maybe it is the same rail as a 42, but, being a J spec, it's been affixed with a gallon of super strength loctite as well as screws, and won't come off to find out.

I wasn't finding out about the mag release just for you buddy, you ain't that special ;)

I figured there's a few of us who'd like them. I'm speaking to the local engineering shop next week to see what they can do for us.

Watch this space.....

Well, I'll start a new thread once past the prototype stage

Pete

Yep, I've got one of those 22s as well. Anyone know what supressor/mod fits the flash hider/mount?

Cheers

G

• 5 months later...

Hi fellows,

i´m new to this community. Found this board by a google search for the itrs rail for a sake try. Is there any solid way to order this rail in europe? I´m looking for it for quite a bit but just found it in the usa, not in europe. would like to attach it to my trg.

Thanks for your help

Hi fellows,

i´m new to this community. Found this board by a google search for the itrs rail for a sake try. Is there any solid way to order this rail in europe? I´m looking for it for quite a bit but just found it in the usa, not in europe. would like to attach it to my trg.

Thanks for your help

I have one here I might be persuaded to part with.

Archived