Greetings from a 'convict' F class shooter

Brad Y

Greetings to all from the southern hemisphere.

Ive just joined up after a few different google searches led to this site as a good source of f class information. Plus our rifle club has a little known website '1967 spud' as a sponsor- thanks mate!

Like you, I choose to sling lead at targets for fun and hopefully I can share experiences and stories with all.

Brad

Busselton Rifle Club

Western Australia

Welcome Brad

The Aussies gave a great performance at the Worlds last year, hard drinking bunch too….. :lol:

Thanks guys. Yes very proud of the team that went to Raton. Linda Shehan is a member of my club and Im our state FO team captain so Im learning rapidly all the quirks to f class shooting. Hopefully one day you will see me in green and gold at the worlds, though with a young family its still a way off yet.

Currently piloting a pierce actioned 284 shehane which Im not having the best of luck with in my barrel block setup rifle. Im changing it over to a v block this week to see if the barrel block is hampering the harmonics of it. It just wont stop vertically stringing 4 ring to 4 ring and Ive tried alot of bullets, powder and primers. Maybe its a bad barrel, but will know more this weekend at the range. I also have a 260 improved barrel that is an absolute hummer but probably only 4-500 rounds from being retired. Also have a 6 dasher on a rem 700 that is an absolute joy to use when its calm and is also my rifle of choice in 1000yd BR as well. Will put up some pics of the rifles once I finish working on this shehane barrel over the next few weeks.

Archived