Hydro Graphic Dipping

Are ther e any issues using this type of stock finish with bedding compounds and carbon firbre stocks

i.e. getting wet

Had all my RPA,s gold carbon fibre dipped and laquered,,,,,,no issues,,,,looks very very nice.Hydro Graphics do a really good job and avoid bedded areas etc.I suppose the only issue with a dipped and laqured finish is that it would probably not stand up to abusive handling or knocks for very long.I have some scratched areas on mine and small chips here and there but I have been careful just to touch in any small marks with some clear laquer,,,hard to see when repaired.

Bad Boy Graphics in Scotland did my last stock which was sent bedded and with some of the metalwork for the adjustable cheek in place (coz it couldn't be removed), they did a fine job in about a two week turn around.

Hydrographics were 6 month wait and didn't want to know.

Id use BB Graphics again, no problem

The guy that owns it is a friend of one of the top F Class shooters,

He did my Manners F Class stock,, very good service

http://www.badboygraphics.co.uk

The guy that owns it is a friend of one of the top F Class shooters,

He did my Manners F Class stock,, very good service

http://www.badboygraphics.co.uk

Wow,,,,some great designs there,,,,,,,ideal finish for a benchrest rifle that gets a bit more care than a varminter?perhaps?

Would extra coats of clear laquer help with wear and tear?mmmmm? My rifles get plenty of bag riding and have held up well over the years,,,on a new build I might just ask for some extra coats maybe??

i was thinking about extra coats but have been warned to keep and eye on weight as the finished gun needs to be 10.5lbs so will be built 2 oz unders

Use the clear protective tape where the stock rides the bags...

My own rifle coating survived two weeks in the States and several comps here with on a couple of nicks where I've snagged the bolt taking it out of the action (my fault)

yes i was going to use that as i want a friction free as possible surface.

Archived