problem fox sorted

visiter1

I was after a fox for the last two weeks and no luck ,so i got the 17 hornet out and shot a couple off rabbits to bait the area,

I set them out both sides off the wood I knew he was in and I sat back 150 yards and waited i could see both bait points, just before dark a fox hoped out and started making his way up to the rabbits , one shot fox dropped, I waited till dark and gave a quick blow on the stainless fox call and two more eyes showed up , he came into 60 yards and i dropped him,

very happy as they were killing chickens.

I was after a fox for the last two weeks and no luck ,so i got the 17 hornet out and shot a couple off rabbits to bait the area,

I set them out both sides off the wood I knew he was in and I sat back 150 yards and waited i could see both bait points, just before dark a fox hoped out and started making his way up to the rabbits , one shot fox dropped, I waited till dark and gave a quick blow on the stainless fox call and two more eyes showed up , he came into 60 yards and i dropped him,

very happy as they were killing chickens.

well done.you sure it was them killing the hens?had the same situation myself a few times and its not easy to identify individual foxes at night in fact unless they - limp-or have a name badge on its nigh on impossible-day light is easier you can make out distinctive markings. you know the old saying"shoot one fox and two turn up to its funeral"well those hens are still a target for another fox.the vulpine conveyor belt never gets switched off.

I took on a new chicken farm permission about three weeks ago - on the last catch-up he told us he'd lost 120 birds, and on the one before that 240... We shot seven foxes in the first week, but there are still more about. We went over to sort out some problem corvids this afternoon, and as we drove into the field a fox ambled off into the gorse on the other side. When we checked, there were three freshly-killed chickens lying where he'd just been, one of which was 90% eaten. We'll keep going back until the issue has been dealt with.

Normally a fox will grab a rabbit and run, I tied a dead pheasant to a post in the middle of the field a few years ago, fox came in, ran to the bait, picked it up on the run and cleared off, it did not stop and sheared the leg off the pheasant.

Wrapping bait in a bit of rabbit netting and wiring that to an anchor stops that but a can of thin dog food spread out over a few square yards makes them stop and search.

A

Archived