MSA Sordin Help

SteveW

My son has bought himself a pair of MSA Sordin's Supreme Basic hearing defenders after my recommendation.

Well here's the problem, to install the batteries on the basic model it states in the manual that you have to remove the ear cushion part by pulling out/off. But when I attempt to do this it feels like the cushion section is going to rip. I've tried pulling it of by hooking fingers inside but it doesn't want to budge.........I know it can't be that hard as the ear cups are designed to be changed, but it just doesn't feel like it wants to give, without causing irreparable damage.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received before I end up damaging them.

I changed the ear cups on my supreme pros for the gel cushion ones. I remember that the old ear cups were a very firm snap interference fit. I don't have them to hand, but I remember that I had to use a table knife to pop them off. It's best not to pull on the cushion as they may well rip.

I changed the ear cups on my supreme pros for the gel cushion ones. I remember that the old ear cups were a very firm snap interference fit. I don't have them to hand, but I remember that I had to use a table knife to pop them off. It's best not to pull on the cushion as they may well rip.

Thanks Shuggy, great to hear it's not just me.

I'll try the knife, I had thought about that but wondered if there was a knack that I was missing.

Thanks again.

Archived