9.3 muzzle thread

Zaitsev

It's a medium sporter so won't take an 18. The largest would be a 16. Think I may have come up with an alternative though. 5/8x18 spigoted and mount the front iron sight on the thread protector. Better supported all round.

• 4 weeks later...

Tend to agree with IanF about those that moderate classic mid-bores (being holier-than-thou now, with an un-moderated .375 H&H BRNO!!).

Not sure about the cider and slipperiness analogy - I have always thought putting a front sight on a thread protector would be a good way of maintaining use of irons for close and moving targets on any moderated rifle - the loss of iron-sight capability is one of the evils of a moderated rifle, I think. OK, elegant is probably (certainly??) the wrong word, but a solution, none-the-less.

Do not worry dear readers..... For I have seen the light (or at least some picci's of the aforementioned)

She's looking good G'

Ian, l'm sure G know's that some of us have a whole list of Hellish Gates through which we are bound to enter...... I just pity the poor blighters on the other side as they know not what's heading their way :D

Archived