Eric Brookes trigger kit

Right, I've got my gun apart to fit this spring kit. I can get the peened pin out to put the tube over, but the other pin isn't moving. I've bent my punch, and it's not shifting! I really don't want to fetch a bigger hammer, so do you have any tips? I think it's going to have to go to the smiths, this is just silly! :rolleyes:

Guest varmartin

Fu**....dont knock out the second pin mate.

You only remove one from memory, and that nearly fell out of mine .....

Im looking on the interweb now.......think i saw a tutorial that may enlighten you.

Guest varmartin

Do not remove the pin holding the sear in :rolleyes:

Looks like you may need a Dremmel to take care of the stuck pin !!

Here is some good info you can use to fit and or modify your trigger kit>>>click

Baldie is perhaps the best placed to answer this one, he must have done 100's

Ive done a couple of 452's

The two pins to remove are the ones that hold the trigger blade to the sear and action one is peened over the other is a drift out pin.

You must support the action with a piece of timber or delrin that will allow the triggers "hanger arms" to remain supported while you drift out the pin - otherwise you can bend the hanger and you dont want that.

The peened pin only needs drifting out sufficiently so that you can fit a bushing bettween the sear and trigger.

There are 4 sizes of bushing in the kit and you need to select the right one (through trial and error) to your gun so that the sear engages in the triggers sear reliably and safely.

The second pin needs drifting out to enable you to change the trigger spring - if you dont change the spring you end up with a heavy trigger release.

Personally I have found the 2nd lightest spring to give the best release, but its horses for courses.

Once you put things back together and are happy with a safe release, put a drop of loctite on the non peened pin to prevent it moving out the trigger hanger.

If youve bent the drift, there is something wrong....

There are decent photo's of how to do the job on http://cz452.com/springkit.html

Hope this helped

That's the one I couldn't get out, the one in the link that the punch was used to replace. I've tried all the supporting lark and hit it pretty hard so I'm not really happy pushing things any more. I don't have a delicate pussy footing attitude towards these things, so I'm figuring it's got to the point that I'll let someone else break it. I know I will if I keep at it! I've put it all back together and it's the same as before.

I'm happy enough with the weight, it's the creep I can't deal with. I'll take it to my local gunsmith for him to hit the crap out of it, at least that way if something gives it isn't going to cost me anything :rolleyes:

Guest Baldrick

I put my own Brooks kit in my 452, without any aggro. It was a case of using a sturdy punch, a small hammer and a lot patience. I followed the instructions on www.cz452.com to the letter. I certainly didn't have to beat the stuffing out of the rifle to remove the pin. Bending a punch sounds a little overzealous.

I ended up with the second strongest spring and the red tube. It transformed the rifle.

Same experience as Baldrick for me. 2nd strongest spring seemed best.

Well worth it especially offhand shooting.

Critically check the pin, in case it is peened or bruised over and drive the best way to suit.

Ronin, is spot on.Stop being a bitch...and hit the fu**er :)

some of them are difficult to remove, but in fitting over 1000,s , i,ve never had one that wouldn,t move. You must use a top quality punch, of the correct size...ie, just smaller than the pin.I have a nylon desk block, with holes in for the pins to drop into, this gives a good solid rest.....to bray that which promotes growth and vigour out of the eastern european shite out of.......sorry, i,ll get me coat. :P

yeah I suppose you could do all that stuff and pay for a kit etc am not knockin the idea but i found it simpler just to stone the sear and take a coil or two off the trigger spring,job done,crisp light pull.Needs care at the final stone and polish though so praps not the way to go for everyone.cheers Onehole.

Archived