6mm ppc actions

I have a very good friend that is trying to convince me to get the ppc or the BR in 6mm. Only thing with this is apparently they wont cycle in a remmy 700 action, and im a remmy man. :P Is there anyone out there that has built a ppc or BR on a remmy action ?.

Ads

Ads,

Any competant riflesmith worth his sort will be able to build you a Remmy 700 in either 6mmPPC or 6mmBR which will feed and cycle with 99% reliability. (i said 99% rather then 100% because nothing is ever 100% reliable). many have been built and i do beleive that some of the guys on here have Remmys in both calibres.

Ian

I have a 6BR that shoots 2 inch 03 shot at 300m prone on bipod with 700 by Riflecraft but it will not cycle

Just got it rechambered to 6 x 47 booy that is really a shooter now read about it on 6mmhot.com

not borderline deer legal circa 6mmbr norma but definitely deer legal like a supercharge 6mmbr and so far only one miss feeding in 130 rounds in same rifle

I would say consider this the next generation of BR 3 inch ish prone on bipod is not uncommon a better shooter than me can do better and not affected by wind either

still working on load

lapua brass

small primer

what more do you want..................

andrew charged me 120 quid to rechamber from 6br to 6 x 47 since my original would not recycle

I have a 6BR that shoots 2 inch 03 shot at 300m prone on bipod with 700 by Riflecraft but it will not cycle

Just got it rechambered to 6 x 47 booy that is really a shooter now read about it on 6mmhot.com

not borderline deer legal circa 6mmbr norma but definitely deer legal like a supercharge 6mmbr and so far only one miss feeding in 130 rounds in same rifle

I would say consider this the next generation of BR 3 inch ish prone on bipod is not uncommon a better shooter than me can do better and not affected by wind either

still working on load

lapua brass

small primer

what more do you want..................

andrew charged me 120 quid to rechamber from 6br to 6 x 47 since my original would not recycle

I would be very interested to hear from more 6mm BR owners to see what actions they use. I would really like to build on a remmy auction but might not be viable.

Ads

Why do you feel the need for a mag feed ?, best accuracy is found in a single shot rifle. PPC is about ultimate accuracy under 300 yards after which you would probably do better with a 6BR. I have a single shot non ejector (dont want to loose those prepped cases !) I can get a follow up shot away in about 8 seconds without rushing. That has always been fast enough.

There are a number of custom Remmy copies around by Stiller, Lawton etc, they may be a better option rather than a Remmy that will probably need work on it to bring it up to a spec that will do justice to the PPC/BR round.

A

Guest varmartin

Have a chat to Russ Gall, He is not far from you.

R G Rifles>>>>>here

I have a custom 6mm BR Norma, but in a single shot configuration. ( He may be able to sort a mag fed version )

My Rifle spec.

Rem 700 short Action, Custom recoil lug, Blue printed, Custom bolt with Sako extractor. Kreiger barrel 1~8 twist

Jewell trigger,

Awesome with 95 Bergers, 75 Vmax, 105 Amax,....not found a bullet it wont shoot well yet.

Hi Adam

I had a Rem 700 which I had rebarrelled to 6mm Norma BR, shot like a demon and wasn't far of the velocities I was getting with the original donor .243, with two thirds of the powder. I modified the magazine myself as per the guidance on 6mmBR.com and it cycled and ejected reliably. The modification involves shortening the original short action follower, modifying the magazine box and inserting a .223 spacer. The only thing to look out for is to make sure you have a solid follower from the older rifles, the newer ones seem to be a hollow pressing, which don't lend themselves to the grinding involved.

Regards

Mack

Thanks again Guys,

I know Russ, he done some work for me a few years ago on the 243 AI. His prices arent that far of Callum Ferguson's.

All i need now is a donar remmy short action.

Anyone else shooting the 6mm BR then i would be kean to here how you get on with it and the specs !!!

Thanks

Ads

I,ve just finished a 6mmbr built on a remington action, its sat in a desert tan remmy stock, and its a true left hander.It feeds dummy 6mmbr rounds loaded with 105 berger vld,s, no problem whatsoever, and it does it from the remmy bdl floorplate/internal magazine.

I took the action out of the stock yesterday, and bolted on a badger floorplate/ai magazine system, with its pillars. It fed perfectly well from this too. All i would do to the ai mag, is take a couple of mil off the followers rear, and insert an aluminium strip. Not because it doesn,t feed perfectly well as standard, but because, the bolt has to be retracted fully, to pick up a round perfectly...this little trick would do away with the odd "less than perfect" bolt cycle.

I fully intend to build another 6mmbr on a surgeon action [which is remmy based] as we have some due, and it will be magazine fed, running the AI system.

People talk a lot of rubbish about mag feeding the br....it will feed reliably, it just takes a little work sometimes. The AI magazine is the best type to work on, as its a staggered mag, but feeds from a central position....there is the key. ;)

The 6mmbr is a fabulous cartridge, and i intend to build another, purely because i love it, i already have a single shot sako in it.

Hi

I have a H&S longbarrel pistol in 6BR which is a single shot and it is very accurate.I have just sent off my 243 ackley to be rebarreled into a 6br with a 1 in 10 twist barrel.It is a remington action.

Have a look at this to see if you can get your 6BR to feed.

http://www.6mmbr.com/Rem700magfix.html

Dogfox

Archived