Best illuminator for Gen 1+

ravenius_rhino

Hi just wondering is there a better illuminater for a dedicated Gen 1+ scope than an N1000AP ? I assume i need a ir with 800nm as i have read that Gen1 dont like 850nm, any advice welcomed. Shaun

Shaun there is so many ir illuminators on the market now days so it down to price /size and how far you wish to see I would say try Andy here http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/23015-ludicrous-lumens-new-website-update-ukv-discount-code/ or look on his web page here http://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/

Shaun i see Andy couldn't help you, after reading what you said about the ring marks on the N1000ap laser you could try opening the beam up which will help with the ring marks ,but you might lose a bit of distance, you won't get a torch that will beat the N1000ap laser for distance, the down side is its a dirty beam and can spook your quarry.

Make sure you keep the lens clean as well, if it gets wet and not cleaned the marks can be very hard to get rid of B)

Hi just wondering is there a better illuminater for a dedicated Gen 1+ scope than an N1000AP ? I assume i need a ir with 800nm as i have read that Gen1 dont like 850nm, any advice welcomed. Shaun

Shaun, personally I don't think you will get anything better than the N1000 or N1000ap, I got a pulsar challenger in Gen1 that I use for rabbiting and I've tried all sorts of illuminators with it to get a better / brighter picture and non are as good!

At the moment I'm looking at a digital add on which will certainly be an improvement over the Gen1.

Cheers fellas, I don't get one with add ons cant seem to get comfy and if i move the scope forwards to help it buggers up the day scope. I prefer a dedicated. I have tried digi stuff but seems to give me a headache for some reason ? Best start saving for a gen 3 dedicated then,

Archived