22.250 case suppliers

auquhollie

I wish ;) sadly they do not make them. The next best is Norma and these are available but expensive.

To be honest I buy Rem bulk brass and match prep it, it shoots just fine in my .22-250AI.

Cheers

Dave

I recently purchased 100 pieces of 22-250 Nosler Custom Brass for forming in my Improved chamber, its top quality.

It has been weight segregated to plus or minus 1 grn, flash-holes have been de-burred and the case mouth given an internal chamfer to suit BT bullets.

The neck is also .004" larger on diameter then the Norma brass which in my minimum spec chamber gives me .002" of total clearance, diffenately an accuracy aid.

It formed better than the Norma brass i had used previously although those of you who have 22-250 AI's will remember from a previous post that i had a bad batch of Norma's which put me off them.

I did however email Lapua at the time asking why they did not make 22-250 cases, they replied that although it is not in their current inventory they have not ruled it out for future addition.

Ian.

Cheers Guys,

I find it very strainge that for a cal like the 22.250 they dont make any. It must be one of the most popular rounds exept for the 243.

You could always reduce 243 cases with a reduction bushing , I use this technique to form 7mm necks on 300 WSM brass, similar jump and if done carefully in stages it works well.

Not that simple i'm afraid Andy,

The shoulder has to be knocked back nearly .050" and reduced in diameter where it meets the case body by .040", then there is nearly an 1/8" to trim off the length.

I have tried it and it aint worth the hassle, dont forget the 22-250 case is not based on the 308 but the 250 Savage which was around about 20 years before the 308.

Ian.

Ah ;)

Which would make the process very labour intensive.

For what its worth I use Winchester brass in my 22-250AI - I do work it a bit but the cases give excellent results for little outlay.

We are all spoilt by Lapua, its a shame they do not make every case size I use....

With the 22-250, I have a 15% weed, so its not brilliant, but I am neck turning so if I have any with dents they are "ironed" out in the NT process.

Its only the really bad ones that get thrown in the scrap tub.

Archived