12 hour vermin run with the 52gr amax

gaz6br

Started the morning at 7 picked my mate up (minkstone) and headed to some hills, after a quick bite to eat of corse :)

When we got there all seemed a bit quite but we set a fox head gong out at 300 yards for a bit of practice why we waited. As we got back to the truck I scanned with the binnos and spotted a crow at 427 yards.

Now I've just changed to a 52gr amax in my 223 ackley I've only shot them at 100 yards with good groups and to get my average speed, I only put the data in my kestrel Horus that morning, but with a cold clean barrel I dialed the data in and smoked it very happy days :) then minkstone hit it with his 223 with 50 gr blitsking so all seemed set.

After waiting and waiting we dialed the 300 yard fox head and we made a mess of the paint work lets say we never missed and we had a few shots at it.

The sheep had been taken off the hills for lambing so that's why we reckon there was a lack of crow and magpies :(

So we headed to another farm where we got up on a high stack of bails, what looked more promising. There was hundreds of pigeons, crows and lots of magpies. My first pigeon at 205 yards went up like a bomb had hit it and magpies and so did the crows all was good.

As night fell we got the fox pro going after a while a fox came straight in to 150 yards and minkstone dropped it, then an hour later another one bit longer 175 yards so good day all round :)

C057C33A-21CF-4ECA-90A4-D0116939A00E.jpg

Fox head just right of center

E7883ABB-4856-4576-A318-27B8E0526D94.jpg

Second farm

1264DD01-0EA7-4CF1-80C7-F4923E42D8E2.jpg

Lots of pigeons top center

DCD9F14D-D72C-40F2-8F59-E6E7341EC47D.jpg

Two nice dogs with the green T20 :) great torch don't seem to be botherd like they are on there with white lamp ( bloody dog men I reckon )

4CC55EED-D422-4705-AD5C-96ED6E2997DE.jpg

My shot of the day 427 yard crow, looking back to truck between trees :)

Gaz

Sweet gaz , i recon u right on the magpies with sheep in barns my one shoot today was empty , normally corvids everywhere , but great shot bud ! ;)

Nice one Gaz, good going on he Charlie's aswell. Those T20's are great bits of kit had three myself over the weekend the last one new it was in trouble (either winded me or new what a lamp was) but stupidly had to have one final look back over its shoulder! Hope this weather lasts although it's going to be very light on a night with an almost full moon by the weekend. Keep up the good work lads.

You will see foxes eyes at 600 plus yards and you will shoot them at 250 yards easy with the green

Cheers Gaz

Il be spotting with green and red on the rifle

Just thurt I'd try the green as something

Different if I get 200 yrds that's plenty good for

Hmr ranges until hopefully my variation comes fru

(223)

At them ranges un price the deree un nightsercher

Will be getting a good run

I've started spotting with a night vision set up and green light on top of rifle :)

F5E69A8F-2A56-40C0-BFC7-0D42D8443A88.jpg

Another about an hour ago ;)

Gaz

Archived