Quick survey of opinion (preferably of peeps who've actually used them :) )

A. Excellent scopes

B. Usable scopes

C. POS scopes

They are CHEAP, so no point saying 'might as well buy a *insert £1k+ scope brand here*...'

Currently I have a fixed 10x MTC Viper, but I want Mil/Mil or MOA/MOA, and the Falcons seem to be the most likely route.

Thanks!

I had one years ago when they first arrived on the scene and had it fitted on a Rapid so only used it for air rifle distances, I'd put it in the B. Useable, category, from others that have commented on them I don't think theres much to choose between the Falcon range and MTC

Had a T35 fixed mag for a while. Surprisingly good glass for £250. dialled to 1000 regularly but something happened to the elevation adjuster, it lost 30mins of adjustment.

Sent it back to Falcon who were very helpful but unable to fix it and no longer make that model so sent me their new flagship 5-25 metric ffp instead. Horrible thing! Got rid real quick.

Found a S/h T35 recently for little money. Keep as backup scope/spotter.

Have a play with one before parting with cash.

For that sort of money, the MTC Gemini is worth a look. At last Mtc have produced a scope with decent amount of elevation. Sadly mildot/moa :-/

At anything past about 200yds, the variable had a distinct milkyness on all but the very brightest of days, like the soft focus you get by stretching a white stocking over a camera lens. (Old photographers trick to soften an image).

The reticle was huge and being ffp, covered most of the target at full mag, I had to use a corner of one of the stadia as an aimpoint!

The new T35 has been redesigned. It now has 1/8 clicks and not very much elevation, I think only 35 or40 moa whereas the old one with 1/4 clicks has over 60moa

Fixed mag scopes have much simpler lense arrangement so can be optically good for much less cost, I think the variable falcon suffers in this respect.

Thanks Oaken - i guess with distance selling laws I can send back that which is not good enough, but it is handy to hear from people who've had first hand experience.

The scopes I was looking at were the 1.5-5 for my .22lr, and then either the fixed 10 or the 5.5-25 for my .308. All of these show as having 30mrad vertical adjustment (103moa based on 3.44 moa per mrad?), unlike the T50 (no T35 on the falcon page) which has less.

I'll probably just end up going fixed on my .308 as I get on ok with my MTC Viper, but just really want matching turret/retical.

Hopefully the 5x on the .22lr at half my .308 ranges will scale well for training :)

I've had a few of these and found them to be good value for money. The little 1.5 - 5 is a cracking little scope with a nice reticle and illumination for fast target acquisition. I use it on a 10/22 but will put it on my CMMG AR when it arrives.

dRb whereabouts are you? I've got the fixed 10x and the 5-25 FFP sat on the shelf gathering dust. If you're anywhere near S Yorks you can take a look.

Used a few of the falcon menace scopes on air rifles / Hmr / .22 Rimmy mainly for night vision add-ons, been very good for that use and would give a A rating, never put one on my CF rifles though.

Thanks for input :)

Jagged 77 - I'm in cider country, so quite a way south and west of you!

I think I'll go for the little one as I need a scope for my .22 anyway, and then see how I get on with that.

Just noticed the optics area of the forums too - sorry for the mislocation of this thread!

I have a 4-14 x 44 on a Blaser 308 LRS. Scope is indestructible, with a sharp contrasty image.

H/man

Archived