Rifle stock make over ?

Nicky

Hi it's Nicky, I am bored with my SPS Tactical . I want to change the stock ! , ! This is going to be a daft question, but what would you buy ?

Got £500.00 at the moment, want to have push button swivel set, to use my Tac 4 rifle sling on rifle.barrel is 20" long and once T8 is screwed on, there's just couple thou left of barrel.

Cheers Nicky.

Hi nikkie , if it were me id look at joe west stocks - one of the advertisers on here ! choice of coloured laminate made by them , all types catered for and custom one offs ! Get her bedded and itd not only look allot better but fit you better too , might have to finish the stock yourself tho , but not sure if they finish 100% now but def worth considering :) atb tim..

loads to choose from,i've got wild dog grs and aics all good stocks.i realy like laminate stock though so as gunner already said joe west would be a good place to look or there was a grs for sale on there with bottom metal at a good price and flush cups would be an easy diy

Good advice from gunner and pork chop.Check out joe west and grs-grodas rifle stocks-both do a good range of laminates,and in different styles (eg grs do a hunting/long range/Fclass etc,one of which might be best suited to your needs/shooting style-or just what you like.If at all possible,try before you buy,just to be sure it's comfortable as well as functional.

New price might be a bit more-£150 maybe-but you will only be buying once...bedding etc may help,but can be done later,as its a bit more still.A good stock and trigger can transform the shooting experience.

Gbal

You haven't mentioned what you will be using the rifle for. With £500 budget however I would certainly be looking at one of the chassis systems on the market. They come with integral magazine systems allowing the use of AICS magazine's which have become industry standard. The chassis usually do not need bedding. These features alone can cost >£300 on top of a stock from the likes of McMillan, Joe West and others.

Recently there was a Third Eye tactical Evo chassis in the for sale section for less than £500.

I think theres an AICS in the for sale section now... £475?

I put my Remmy 700 Police in the AICS, looks and shoots great! When I get bored of it... Skin change!

Archived