Tikka T3 in 6mmbr

What bits have you got Andy?

When my .22/250 gives up the ghost I'm not sure wether to go 6br foxer (58-75grn bullet weight) or stick with the .22/250 and go 69grn sierra tmk pushed hard, either way it will be light weight and used with the drone pro.

Out of curiosity how you getting on with your drone now?

Mines been faultless since getting one of the custom mounts off Neil.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon

Ref drone

used it 2x without issues and thats it

I just havent had the time!

New rifle will force the issue no doubt:-P

Mcmillan Sako varmint

Tikka 595

22" 1-12 fluted light/lightish varmint zero freebore for the light bullets

ceracoat black

should be miles lighter than my current foxing/long range BR & still have great MV & accuracy/light recoil benifits that come with the BR!:-)

cheers Andy

Hi Guesty,

The block added was .3" (not .5" as quoated) allowing a col of 2.5" this was in a .243 factory mag.

When I was fiddling with the .243 mag I also removed the follower and spring, and turned the spring from looking like a "3" to looking like a "E" this stopped the little case from "nose diving" back into the mag but caused problems with the bolt not picking up the last round. To solve this I cut the spring down and moved it about until the pressure point was where I wanted it on the follower then glued it in place, a bit of a fiddle but worked a treat

The best thing I think for the standard factory mag would be to use the .223 mag with the longer feed lips, reduce the size of the block at the back of the mag to allow for the maximum col you will use. The under side of the feed lips would need filed down to allow the round to sit " higher " in the mag so that the bolt catches it when been cycled. This would also require the use of the follower from the .243 mag. Either that or try to extend the feed lips on a .243 mag with devcon allow to cure and file into shape.

Second had t3 mags go for as little as £25 if dont mind spending a few hours fiddling to make them work. The only reason I changed was the grs stock was to nice to be scratched and knocked about out foxing! I converted both 3 and 5 shot factory mags used them in my .22/250 also.

That's great info, thanks again.

If the AICS mags are a bit less fiddly I might stick to them. I already have 308 metal AI and 223 plastic MDT to try.

Archived