March 3-24 x 42 FFP

baldie

Took delivery of this little beauty this week after a search for a lightweight scope for my Tubb 2000.

The brief was a wide mag range with the lowest power suitable for service rifle if need be [ 4.5 power ]

I,m a big fan of Nightforce and own quite a few. their weight was the drawback for this gun. I also own a S+B PM11 which is even heavier.

IMG_2081_zpsdabb633f.jpg

This scope made a very refreshing change. Its half the weight of a Nightforce and smaller full stop. That was the weight sorted.

The turrets are a joy. Nice and stiff, but not stupid stiff like a Schmidt, but not sloppy/spongy like a sightron. Just proper, and easily resettable to zero once primary zero is set.

IMG_2084_zpsb2a7d7c5.jpg

The scope comes with a detachable sunshade, and also the new March flip up caps which are very well made and obviously better than Butler Creeks.

IMG_2083_zps8fa2ab0f.jpg

IMG_2082_zpsbd282cd1.jpg

The reticule is 4 tapered posts with a central hash marked section, which is graduated in MOA, and corresponds to the dials. I set the scope up rapidly using the marks and turrets. It quite simply, works.

The lenses are a joy to behold. To my eyes these lenses are the clearest I,ve personally ever used on a scope. They seem clearer to me than my Schmidt, and streets ahead of my nightforce's.

Not flashy or gimmicky, just a quality piece of kit. I,m already planning the next one to replace the PM11. On weight loss alone, its a winner.

Also must not fail to mention the excellent service from Gary Costello at March UK. Always the same top service with a smile. A smashing fella to deal with.

You can see some details from the MIL version of the same scope here. I came to the same conclusions as Baldie, very nice scope! One should take note that the parallax turret can be VERY hard when the scope is new. It is not broken, this is normal (the manual says so), just wiggle it a little and it'll be proper. One of exceptionally few scopes that have low weight and generous adjustment.

Dealbreaker for me was windage turret "wrong" way - I am unable to use scopes where I cannot drive the bullet like a car.

Skip to 5:21 if the film doesn't start there.

http://youtu.be/VSHCbOSCsPs?t=5m21s

Not sure what the retail is Bri, but Gary would tell you, drop him an e-mail. The un illuminated ones [like this ] are considerably cheaper.

Dont think i,ve ever used an illumination module...even at night.

My parallax ring was stiff initially Thomas, but its freed up nicely. I was also impressed by how rapidly it "snapped" in and out of focus. With a large sidewheel , you could rangefind with the parallax ring like we used to do in air rifle field target.

Archived