Daily Mail "Air Gun" fox controller

David Hancock

We're doomed !!!

I've just read the Daily Mail article about the urban fox controller using a ".22 air rifle" for controlling urban foxes - it looks like a rimfire through.

Apparently he tells the police when he is going to shoot a fox that that makes it all right then I guess.

Just what do we have to do to secure positive press for our sport ? ((Respecting that shooting urban foxes off a roof is hardly a sport))

he is a pest controller paid by a client to carry out a service -dont mix this up with "sport"

i dont look at all the pest control i do be it-rats -rabbits -foxes-pigeons as sport - i class my target shooting as sport.

i also dont see the problem with using as qouted- an air rifle as long as the shot is humane and is instant i have pcp that will despatch a fox and has done with a head shot but is not my first choice.a .22 rf in someones back garden is also not the best option.

and do we really believe all we read in the fish and chip wrapping is cosher?

Gary. Sorry for using the word "sport". I seem to have touched a nerve. Semantics. Forgive me.

The public believe the crap that is in the populace press.

I have Essex telling they will not recondition my .17HMR for Fox yet the calibre is cited in Sporting Rifle as a calibre which is fit for purpose and one I have used for over 11 years verry effectively.

A recent test has just been conducted by Fieldsports Channel which shows the inneffectual penetration of a .22 FAC pellet on a skinned fox skull.

I actually do have a problem with the ethics of using an air rifle for shooting fox as pest control, FAC or not. I do know that securing a condition for fox on a Firearms ticket for an air rifle (as fox, not classed as vermin) is a nigh on impossible condition.

I assume you have that ?

Archived