Morning all - brand new on here so forgive me if this doesn't appear correctly - can anybody shed some light on the performance of the roedale delta UL mods . I'm looking for a new mod for a .243 ai ,I have a jet z on another rifle which I'm very pleased with but am looking to seriously lighten my stalking rifle ... Any ideas ??

I have a Roedale Ultralight mod on my .308 Scout stalker. I like it very much, and have found nothing anywhere near as light. It doesn't really do any range duty at all, and I wouldn't expect an all-alloy type mod to stick constant use.

It replaced a T8 and in fairness it is not as quiet, but it did return the balance and feel of the lightweight rifle, and it moderates the noise a surprising amount (as far as my already pathetic hearing can tell!!). If the feel and balance of your rifle is important, and it is used only for hunting, I would certainly consider it.

Very light and short - feels like using an unmoderated rifle.

Noise reduction is not very good compared to virtually any other moderator on the market - however it is sufficient to remove the dreaded 'ear ring' and substantially reduce felt recoil.

Although alloy construction, my model has no signs of fire cutting after a couple years of full time stalking.

I would not buy another, preferring the extra sound suppression and accepting an few extra ounces with kit provided by other, more main-stream offerings.

Rgds.

Ian

Can't comment on the roedale, but if you're after lightweight have a look at the Hardy mods sold by riflecraft (I think) when I held one I thought they'd left the internals out, don't think its in the same league as the jet z. Then again it was on a 7wsm and I nothing to compare it to

I have an A-Tec Maxim on my 30-06 and it is very good for balance, attenuation and weight so when I recently bought a .308 with iron sights preventing the use of the Maxim I bought an A-Tec CMM4.

The CMM4 not being as large as the Maxim and being muzzle mounted forward, I expected it to be a bit off balance but when I used it found it to be very good indeed.

So yes, if you want a light and reasonably quiet moderator and don't mind it being forward mounted, then yes the CMM4 is right for you.

..if you're after lightweight have a look at the Hardy mods..

They're NZ made and have a sizeable share of the NZ market. I have three of them.

Hardy Rifle Engineering is the outfit Lee (ex Border) is now working for. They started in suppressors, added their own stocks and actions and will soon be offering barrels.

I have a Hardy Gen III on my .270 stalking rifle. It's half the weight of a jet z, TET Spartan or Laurence Precision. It's not as quiet as a Jet z but it's better at noise and recoil suppression than the other 2. On the strength of the performance on my rifle my brother and stalking partners both changed to Hardy's recently and are very happy with them. I wouldn't recommend it for a range rifle but if it's a walk and stalk rifle you use they are very good.

Archived