INSURANCE

Orka Akinse

Fella's its that time again and the old house contents insurance is due and I want to include my rifles on it.

Where can I go?

Do you have any horror stories?

How much will I have to pay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers fella's

Orka, I just advised them of the serial numbers and they included them up to a single item value of £1500.

Depends on what you've got but obviously you take your scopes and bits :huh: off every night don't you?????????? like everybody else.

Churchill.

10% discount if you do all there administration for them :huh: ........................ (internet)

or try

0800 200 300

I,m with Liverpool Victoria same basically as Eldons, Used to be with Guardian Royal that was the same, dont think its a big issue with most. I actually got a valuation list ( remember replacement value) from the local gundealer and gave them a copy.

Redfox

We have just had our renwal in the last month or so. They wanted an extra £50.00 in aknowledgment that theguns are in the house, but they would not cover them in event of theft or damage, fire ,etc. I rang BASC and they gave me the number for Sporting Insurance Services (SIS). Rang them they, sent form and I think iI have paid £170.00 for cover up to £8000.00. Number is: 02073351648

Hope that helps

RedF

I remember there being discussion either here or on another thread/forum regarding insurance and from experience when I tried before a lot of companies wouldn't touch them.

They are not insured at the mo and need to be so was wondering whats out there but £170 from SIS seems steep to me as I wanted to add them to my house contents insurance which I thought would be cheaper?

NFU

have used them for years, had one firearm claim and they sorted it very quickly.

very impressed

all my guns are added on to my household cover, covers all guns in or out of the house.

some of the more expensive ones need listing and specifications

The NFU was great for me until I had two claims in one year, not huge claims and not gun related. The premium went up the following year by 23% and an excess of £150 added. I changed to Lloyds.

Norwich Union took the cover added to Household Contents , against valuations from a gunsmith for replacement value. I ve not had a firearms claim but did have a large claim last year after a chimney fire, and they were spot on with support and payout.

Always worth asking around in any event.

ATB

I have to say fella's there are more companies listed insuring firearms than I thought. The trawl begins, will let you know how I get on.

Shame NFU wont let me do the admin by completing online :o

One final question, do you fella's do it all online or do you have to call them up to get the insurance??

Archived