Finished this at last.

Just finished getting this about right so thought it might interest some of you.

Mc Millan F class stock

RPA Quad lock

32in 5R Border Barrel

Sightron 8-32 56

Seb coaxial rest

Seb rear bag

Will try it at 600/1000yrd at Bisley soon.

Give me 10 years I might be entering a comp.

Nice build and a great cal choice these shehanes are getting popular get your self to some f-class league shoots

Do you have a load for her yet

If not try 58 grn h4831sc and br2 primers vld stuffed 20 thou in the lands

just come have a shoot with any of the blokes on here when there at bisley there all good types and will be glad to see a new face

Thanks

This site is full of great people so glad I joined.

Regards

V

just come have a shoot with any of the blokes on here when there at bisley there all good types and will be glad to see a new face

Thanks

This site is full of great people so glad I joined.

Regards

V

Nice build and a great cal choice these shehanes are getting popular get your self to some f-class league shoots

Do you have a load for her yet

If not try 58 grn h4831sc and br2 primers vld stuffed 20 thou in the lands

Have you been sneeking a look at my loading data.

That is the exact load bar the primers that ive arrived at.

Shoots Great

Regards

V

Lol I know where u live

Only kiddin I built quite a few - they all shoot the same give or take a grn depends on throat length and barrel make

Some like 210m most like br2s

Using federal BR but will try some Br2

Thanks for that

If your getting es near 10 and sd in lower singles 2-4 and it groups well then maby no point but sometimes by changing primers it's like switching a light on between ok rifle to a cracking 1000 yd rifle

If your getting es near 10 and sd in lower singles 2-4 and it groups well then maby no point but sometimes by changing primers it's like switching a light on between ok rifle to a cracking 1000 yd rifle

Got a bit to do yet it has only done 200yrds as yet due to go to Bisley soon and try 600.

it shoots near as makes no difference same hole at 200yrds.

But that means nothing as the VLDs may act up after 300yrds.

V

Get a crono a decent one groups are worthless on a 1000yd gun if it's for short range then groups are ok

Unless u got a decent crono load development is a waste of time you will never find the potential of your load /rifle

if it shoots at 100 yards with a low ES, then it will shoot at 1000 yards. ES is what you need to worry about, SD is a statistical probability factor that you want to ignore imho. i wouldn't subscribe too much into vld's not going to sleep till 300 yards out etc or worry about bullet precession.

ES in single figures or low teens at the highest and grouping in the .2s or .3s for 5 shot groups at 100 and you have a combination that will win league shoots if you can read the wind. i'd also be trying to drive them on highest safe accuracy node if you are looking to go and compete.

happy shooting.

derek

if it shoots at 100 yards with a low ES, then it will shoot at 1000 yards. ES is what you need to worry about, SD is a statistical probability factor that you want to ignore imho. i wouldn't subscribe too much into vld's not going to sleep till 300 yards out etc or worry about bullet precession.

ES in single figures or low teens at the highest and grouping in the .2s or .3s for 5 shot groups at 100 and you have a combination that will win league shoots if you can read the wind. i'd also be trying to drive them on highest safe accuracy node if you are looking to go and compete.

happy shooting.

derek

Thanks Derek

Some good info here

Still getting to grips with it though

http://www.frfrogspad.com/loaddev.htm

V

Archived