First night on new bait

Toby

Sat out on the new bait site tuesday night. Not overly hopeful but good to get out the house even though the temperature was down to -13c. Set up and ready at 20.30.

First fox 22.45

Second fox 23.35

Third fox 02,45

fourth fox 05,05

2 dogs and 2 vixens.

An eventful night, equalling my previous best of 4 in one night.

17 Rem Sako, Berger 25 grs MEF

20140122_080240_zps9e841a1e.jpg

20140122_080850_zpsbdfa9460.jpg

Yeah, very little traffic until about 3 weeks ago when the snow came.Since then it looks like they'd had a party on the bait. Biggest fox I've shot here was 8.5kg so no monster. The average weight approx 6.5kg. The bottom fox is about 7.5-8kg I would estimate.

Gary, roadkill elk and roedeer for bait.

20131230_145827_zpsa9712d31.jpg

Triple 2, just natural light ie moonlight and or ambient light reflected from low cloud or the snow. Not allowed to use artificial light over here unless it is fixed to a post or building. No mains supply to this bait.

Cheers

Toby

Nice going Toby,

The bottom fox in the top picture looks cute, curled up having a sleep.

;-)

When or, if, it ever snows over here in the UK I'm always racing to get out getting any lamp shy fox's.

There's just no getting away. We are so lucky over here being able to hunt 24 hrs a day

Looks a bit different now, there's 2 more roe and approx 2 ft of snow on the bait now. Just waiting for the weather to settle and some new foxes to arrive. My bait site is about 50 yds from a river. Over here when the rivers freeze in winter they are like motorways for the foxes, hence my bait positioning :-).

Archived