Jet Z thread change

Toby

I know that you can change the thread on the Jet Z but I remember reading that this didn't apply to all of them. I have searched the forum to try and find out which models it didn't apply for.

I have a 1/2"x 20 unf CQB on my 17 Rem but would like to purchase a 18x1 thread for a rebarrel in the future.

Hope that someone can help with info,

Contact Jackson rifles they will tell you (I know you can with the utra jet-z compact as I've had one done). You will need to send your mod off to Jackson's to have it done as it's not a user replacement part.

I've done the same as Jagged 77. Very helpful company and fast turn around, can't remember costs though.

OK, Jackson Rifles doesn't seem to have an eMail adress. I am living abroad and would like just to purchase the threaded section of the mod so that I can Get it changed at a gunsmiths over here when I shorten or rebarrel current rifle.

I have replaced the threaded section of these types of mods many times to suit different rifle builds.Jacksons may well have a new and suitable threaded section in stock or they will thread out to suit and supply to your local RFD ,Smith etc.I gather they are not a proofed or sectioned item.Getting the old threaded sectioned off is sometimes fun but with the moderator body locked in a lathe or similar and use of a correct socket will soon have the old section out of the way.A bit of heat sometimes helps as well.The ones I have done I have reassembled on a lathe keeping the threaded section well trued to the moderator body as I slowly tighten up.This is probably not strickly necessary but I have found the mating threads sometimes a bit sloppy.Take care Onehole.

Thanks for the replies. I have 1/2"x20 UNF on a 19mm varmint profile at the moment. Not ideal but ok. I am thinking of shortening the barrel a few inches and a thread change to 18x1 seems the cheapest option.

Thanks for the replies. I have 1/2"x20 UNF on a 19mm varmint profile at the moment. Not ideal but ok. I am thinking of shortening the barrel a few inches and a thread change to 18x1 seems the cheapest option.

18x1 on a 19mm end muzzle diameter?Think a Smithy would probably recommend a bit more meat to lock up on than that?I,m not an engineer but 15x1 or imp equivalent possibly?,,,,,O

An 18 x1 thread will fit on a 19mm barrel (the thread is just under 18 mm and that's the OD of the thread) but it will leave very little shoulder to stop the mod against to the rear if the Mod , (I think you are mounting a forward mounted mod not a over barrel type} if your barrel is contoured as most are with a strait taper you will be better with a 17x1thread or 14x1 the latter two will serve you better in my opinion

Archived