Hornady One shot lube

shooter79

The best case lube Ive found is castor oil! It's dirt cheap and works better than any of the marketed lubes I've tried! All I do is put cases on some tin foil with a tiny bit of oil on and roll the on it. Or I've recently bought some cleaning cloths and just pop some on that and roll the cases over it. I find fl sizing easier than with any other lube!

How do you apply the imp wax? looking at moving to neck sizing only from now on, just need to get hold of a Redding die to match my S type in .308

Imperial/neck sizing: I just smear my index fingertip on the wax,and gently roll the case neck and shoulder a couple of times between finger and thumb.A tin of imp wax lasts a very long time,and it works great,no mess,easy to quick wipe when necked.

Full length similar,but smear wax on palm and roll cases between palms. Wipe when sized.Simples.

Gbal

For serious stuff, especially neck sizing, Imperial Wax is the story. It's not fast if your die is going to expand the neck. You need a cotton bud to do the inside or you might dip the neck first in Imperial Dry Lube (powder) but it's a tad messy.

For bulk .223 varmint ammo, I still use One Shot spray on a block of 60 cases. It gets the inside of the neck as well but you've got to turn the block 180 degrees and shoot down at about 30 degrees to complete the job. After FL resizing, I then shake the cases in a bag lightly wetted with turps to get the lube off the outside of the cases. The "bag" I make from the cut-off sleeve of a brushed cotton shirt with the end knotted. This saves the tumbling media from getting contaminated too quickly

Archived