Scoring for US Tac Shoots

Bushdog

For those of you who have been over to the US or elsewhere shooting the LR/Tac steel target matches, can you confirm that the scoring is some form of "Vickers Count" type affair - (i.e. score = total time taken to complete the prescribed stage plus add on all time penalties for missed shots).

Or is it all par time/score number of hits only?

Brian,

The few that I've done have been scored on a stage basis, no complicated scoring to keep it simple and quick - more effort on rounds down :) as its steels you can see the hit or miss, any paper targets would be scored at the end.

So in answer to your question - closer to par time and hits

There are 'points' though but again balanced on the stage so say a UKD would be 100 points for first round hit, 50 for the second. A mover would be 10 points per hit, 5 rounds in each direction. The rest of the stages would be against the clock, no minus for not shooting all the targets you just loose the points for the rounds you did not fire in the allocated time. There are also the 'standards' like know your limits and cold bore shots in amongst this.

Brgds terry

Terry

Thanks for that. I am mulling courses of fire for various locations at the moment (as you might guess!!).

I'm drawn to trying Vickers Count because of its simplicity for use on a steel shoot and ability to deal with paper targets too. What I like about it is it lets everyone shoot at their own speed (but puts a pressure on all to finish as quickly as possible).

I am currently struggling with the need to have a single shooter run the stage at a time, though. Not such a prob on square range, as you get the line ready with identical target array/timings and let them shoot one after another. Not quite so straightforward at other locations, though.

BTW - looking forward to seeing your AR!!!

Brian

Trick is to have two stages able to be shot at the same time.

Give everyone shooter numbers then split group in two.

One the stage shooter 1 is shooting, shooter 2 is getting ready next to no.1 and no 3 is standing by.

1 completes, 3 swaps with 1 while 2 shoots, no 4's called to get ready etc, real quick and you talking competant shooters not newbies?

T

Archived