Bipods

swivel bipod reduces the amount of pressure put on the forend of the stock when out in the field alowing a greater arc of fire before you have to resite the rifle and also alows for uneaven ground, trick is not to have them set too tight

Ian

I've got a 6-9" swivel on my .223 and a 9-13" non swivel in a box somewhere.

First off I'd get a 6-9", I like to be as low as possible when shooting prone and to be honest the 9-13" was hurting my neck!

I've had to pass up some shots with the 6-9" due to it being short but I've also done the same with the 9-13" due to me not being steady with it.

The pro of non swivel is it'll be rock solid, that comes at the price that your reticle won't be level if the ground isn't.

The pro of swivel is a nicely levelled reticle (it will also be very solid), I just like swivel, it annoys me to have a slanted reticle. The nut to control how tight the swivel action is can be tightened up real good so it's not going to be flopping around if you don't want it to. Grasshopper has seen my set up :yes:

I think swivel makes sense unless you're shooting on some of the flattest ground on the planet.

I use a swivel br model with step legs

the adjusting legs the you can slide and tighten are not needed on a swivel and are a pain in the rear

you can tighten up the swivel so you can only just force it over so this makes it as steady as a fixed

the br is perfect hight off a bench then you can extend for field use

Thanks for the reply's, info taken onboard, if I get the Harris type, I can see that it has to be the swivel type. Try & make my mind up which size will be best suited for me now.

I've looked at the Versa Pod 308, & I like it design/features, especially with it being able to be taken off the rifle when not needed, I'm away to read your review.

trust me i know what goes well on that new gun you've had

I thought you would have left yours on Tulky, along with that secondhand Loopy ;)

Cheers,

BJ

Archived