Ward d vision

dylan5588

Hi, Does anyone have any experience of the Ward D Vision add on nv unit? I am looking for an add on for use on three rifles, Fac air rifle, .22lr, and .22 khornet, I must be able to easily and quickly change it from one rifle to the next, There is very little info out there, or unbiased reviews, one or two videos on utube when it was the experimental Lardy vision. I would be using a Nightmaster 800ir, and need to get out to a max of 200-250 yards on fox. any input on its performance would be appreciated. I have a max budget of £750 so don't go suggesting archers and stuff instead!! lol

Regards Aj

Huuuuum? looks to be a nice little unit, I am not contemplating getting anything until the spring, so will wait and see what its like, I really cant understand why there is not more info on the WDV than there is, I know about the contact/reply thing I emailed and called several times to inquire about the unit but it got me nowhere, well exept an email asking me if I wanted to put down a deposit to secure a unit when they became available!!!! declined that one!!!

ATB Aj

Yes I have just had a look on the starlight website, it looks a nice little unit, no details as yet, but will wait for it to come out before buying anything

ATG Aj

Ward D Vision is good for about 200 yards on a good night with decent IR but it whites out very easily with too much IR and as a result can be quite fiddly to get the picture right.

However as has been said Clive is a nightmare to deal with and I have vowed that I will never do so again. Starlight's unit looks interesting but I would wait for some reviews before jumping in.

I wonder if its recognition range or useable shootable range? usually any ranges quoted on any unit is under perfect conditions and the best nv. As you say we will have to wait and see, but at that sort of price it does sound reasonable.

Aj

i have bought a camer off a chap on the nv forum to put together a addon.just put it on the back of a cheap hawk scope and had a little play on the back garden,not got a proper screen yet so used a yukon dvr and with a nm800 could see some trees about 180yrd no problem.all.the info is on the forum and a tutorial showing you how,and for less than £200

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!! you are telling that to someone who didn't know his laptop has a web cam and has had it 2 years!!! Sorry but if you knew me you wouldn't be telling me how to make a night vision unit, a donkey would have more chance than me!!

Aj

honestly mate, its not difficult............as PC said, have a look on the forum for an 'idiots how to' guide WATEC NV TUTORIAL

also the forum members can answer any questions you need to know about all the different NV units out there...........unbiased answers to boot

cheers jock

Hi All,

Thanks for the interest in the product.

Unfortunately I have suffered some setbacks over the past 2 years with family illness and then my own illness. This regrettably means that sometimes there are periods when I can't get back to people, which has lead to a bit of a 'reputation'. Unfortunately in the past year this has been taken advantage of by competitors and it would be fair to say that some opinions you come across aren't necessarily as impartial as you would expect :mellow:

Obviously as a rather better designed product than it's peers, there are people who have a vested interest in rubbishing either it or our company.

Personally I can't see the sense in it.

Having said that the Ward-D-Vision is manufactured by us here in Kent and is always in stock. So there are absolutely no problems with supply and any orders are treated as a priority and normally sent within a day or so.

It works extremely well and has an honest range of 200 yards. The other thing it does that nothing else on the market can do is not affect your shooting position at all as it occupies less space than the eye relief of most day scopes.

Cheers

Clive

Clive, I would suggest that you get some of your units to unbiased reviewers, It seems that lack of information and reviews is causing, lack of interest and people are holding back, It looks to be a reasonable product, But I for one wont be shelling out £600 on something I cant at least view or read a few reviews on. just my humble opinion.

Regards Adrian.

I did a review on Youtube when I had the unit, the audio was pants but it will give you some idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYsktboRmQ

I was really referring to what I said above though, the unit itself is OK IMO but NVScopes are a nightmare to deal with and I have heard too many excuses from Clive.

I have looked through another digi add-on made by Marky610 that I would rate as a far bit better but last I heard it's not going to be produced commercially.

I have watched your vid, pretty good comparison of the three units, and you are right, the audio is pants!!!!!! :lol: Its so hard to judge as a lot of the quality of vision must be lost through filming etc

Regards Aj

I have watched your vid, pretty good comparison of the three units, and you are right, the audio is pants!!!!!! :lol: Its so hard to judge as a lot of the quality of vision must be lost through filming etc

Regards Aj

Hi Adrian,

Yes that is a particularly shocking video.

This may help. A slightly better video, although there are still considerable losses after recording and especially uploading.

http://youtu.be/chXaGiyn7Zg

Cheers

Clive

Archived