Sako TRG Trigger - Anyone stripped one?

Tiff

I've never been very happy with the trigger on my TRG 42 and decided to fully strip and ultrasonic clean it. This will hopefully help, since there was a significant amount of grit & surface corrosion on springs & sears hidden inside.

It assembled ok, but I'm unsure which spring goes in the top back & which is the 2nd stage adjustment. They are both the same external dimensions (Sako manual diagram below is mis-leading), but one is made of thicker wire/heavier set, while the other is thinner gauge wire & lighter. I got them mixed up when draining the ultrasonic solution.....They would be screws 4 & 8:

ScreenShot2013-12-03at200250_zps43226ba1

I'll contact GMK (not holding my breath for an answer....), so was hoping someone on here might know?

Cheers,

Tiff

I'm assuming that Dave's reply is based on knowledge of the TRG triggers internals. My TRG trigger is about as sweet as they come and the first stage is lighter than the second, so the second stage must be the heavier spring. I guess common sense says it would have to be this way otherwise a shooter would never feel the difference before the shot was taken.

My TRG trigger is about as sweet as they come and the first stage is lighter than the second, so the second stage must be the heavier spring. I guess common sense says it would have to be this way otherwise a shooter would never feel the difference before the shot was taken.

Ah, not quite so simple - since the first stage spring (6) is a lot smaller diameter than springs 4 & 8....hence my slight confusion. I'll have a play at fitting/tuning it a later tonight or tomorrow.

This thread so far, is a perfect example of what this forum is all about. Unusual knowledge and experience, shared with like minded individuals. I must pick out Baldie for special praise as trade(professional) experience is like gold dust. I do recognise that many other gunsmiths and other trade professionals also contribute, but as he is the one posting in this thread, he gets a special mention. BTW I do not know him.

Archived