Madco Barrels

Brillo

They're a well established company. Some older fullbore clubmates had Maddco barrels on their rifles and they seemed to shoot well. I have no idea what the current quality is.

I was surprised to hear Maddco is still there. Its barrels were very common in the 80s and 90s, but I hadn't heard of any being fitted in a long time. Maybe there wasn't a UK importer for a long time?

They were certainly regarded as very good 20 odd years ago, but that was in an era with Target Rifle as the major fullbore rifle discipline shooting RG 'Green Spot', later 155gn RG 'Bisley Match' on 2-MOA Bull targets. That doesn't guarantee they'd be highly rated on today's scene with much more emphasis on precision shooting and F/TR with smaller targets. However, since Maddco has apparently survived the intervening quarter-century in a market that has demanded and got ever increasing engineering and production standards, they must be doing something right and it suggests their products are still good!

I think its a case of just maybe not imported into UK , as they have always been available to us in NZ for a long time , back before AI where using them on some of there rifles ( 30 yrs ago ) , so as far as I know the company has still been in operation thru out .

Just maybe not been available in UK due to agent ?

Later Chris

Thanks for all your comments to date. The reason I ask is that according to Sporting Services they are now used on their new .308 F/TR rifles and I was curious if anyone on here as had experience of these new rifles and hence the barrel.

If that barrel had a good track record it might be the answer to my F/TR dilemma by fitting one to my AW.

Archived