Took myself accross the pond

Due to work have missed out on the last few RRC set up by Tiff and the next club range date is March, so took myself & My rifle across to Texas for some trigger time.

Always made very welcome on all the ranges I visited was shooting the 1,000 yard range at Bayou Rifle club just south of Houston just before travelling home to UK just 2 of us on it all day.

Hoot...

post-11669-0-94743500-1386001027_thumb.jpg

post-11669-0-14984200-1386001039_thumb.jpg

I've often thought about a few days holiday in a country less "strangulated" by over the top gun laws!

Yes, I'm well aware of the US gun issues, but they're the one end of the scale and were the other....

Wouldn't mind a few hours on a decent warm weather range with a nice AR!

Fair play to you!

Off back to the Middle East later today Carl will catch up one of these days will be back in the New Year.

Thanks for the advice on travelling with a weapon Terry no problems encountered either side.

All the best...

Never been over for a rifle match, but been going to pistol matches since 2000. I have to say I have been treated with unfailing courtesy and generosity
(of time, equipment and "consumables") by US shooters. A trip stateside is always well worthwhile, in my experience. I've made some good friends over there.

Archived