Shilen rem 700 triggers?

Looking for a rem 700 trigger, anyone used the shilen trigger? Ronin I think I remember you using them? What is the saftey arrangment on them?

Hi mate

You have to use your safety off the Rem trigger.

It is a relatively simple job, but fiddly. You have to be careful with the circlip and detent ball, but if you take it slow you end up with a superior trigger to the standard unit for half the cost of a Jewel.

I have two Shilens and would buy more,,,,,,but I am tempted by the GC trigger from Jacksons it is a peach.

Thanks Andy, so you reckon a numpty like me could install it? I have looked at the one from jackson's as well looks nice, big price tag though If I remember right.

The safety swap is quite simple really.

Provising you have a basic DIY skill, it shouldnt present any problems.

If you get one, I could run through a step by step method if you want or I can send you pics via e-mail no probs.

The big thing is make sure it functions correctly and safely when its fitted.

Id be happy to do it for you if your passing my way ;)

Thanks Andy i will keep that in mind if I get one, I would say my diy skills are up to the job without any hassle, I dont think I will be around your way anytime soon but thanks for the offer, being away in Northern Ireland and all.

My Ackley carries a Rifle basix which came with the safety direct from the maker, its an excellent trigger easily as good as a jewel for half the money.

I have been checking out the C&G, its extremely well made, the safety has its own housing but may require mods to the trigger slot in your stock to make it fit, i will be seriously considering one for my next project ;)

Regards Ian.

I will look into the rifle basix Ian. Whats your next project then Ian? I could see this rem being turned into a 22-250 ai in the future unless I decide I want something bigger (I will probably just buy another rifle if thats the case)

Archived