Rifle Basix triggers

I've just had a look at the CZ range of rifles. The only thing that puts me off is the triggers (if they're anything like the one on my 452). I've found a drop in trigger for £40 which is supposed to be a big improvement, it's made by Rifle Basix. Has anyone used a rifle with one of these triggers? Are they any good (at least as good as a reasonable factory trigger)?

Keep your money in your pocket buddy, and buy the brookes kit at £12.50, its just as good. There, i,ve just done us out of a lot of brass, as we have bloody loads of the rifle basix, and cant get enough brookes [sold 2000 at the last count]

Baldies right, I have had the kit from SYSS. Fit it yourself, obviously check safe operation and save your cash.

Miles better and have the weight you want.

Start with the heavy springs and work your way down. Mine felt best about 2nd one down.

Easy job and worthwhile

Keep your money in your pocket buddy, and buy the brookes kit at £12.50, its just as good. There, i,ve just done us out of a lot of brass, as we have bloody loads of the rifle basix, and cant get enough brookes [sold 2000 at the last count]

Thanks NJC,

Great minds think alike ;) Glad you asked about the CZ triggers.

Baldie, is the Brookes kit available for the 527 American ??? Does this kit leave the set trigger still operational ???

Cheers Steve

Hi steve. The 527 is a completely different unit mate, and a lot more complex. It is actually an excellent trigger, having adjustment for weight of pull, sear engagement, and backlash, and can be adjusted to give a lovely pull. However, the std pull weight governs the set weight, they cant be separated, so if the std pull is very light, the set, wont usually "set".

We have the rifle basix replacement for this unit, and its pretty good. Basically, it does away with the set option, and just gives a nice light pull weight. This is the centrefire trigger [527] the other one earlier in the thread is the 452 [rimfire] hope this helps.

Thanks Baldie

I've had my CZ trigger titivated by Norman Clarke, when it was restocked and bedded, but just hankered after something a little more specifically made for the job, with bettr adjustment. Dont get me wrong Norman did a great job considering what he started with, but i've been spoilt with Jewell's.

Call you soon, thanks for your advise.

Cheers Steve

I've got a Brookes kit for my 452, not got around to fitting it yet though!

I'm looking at the CZ527 Varmint for my .223. Do SYSS stock these triggers for this model? I don't like the sound of the set triggers, I'd rather just have a nice comfortable standard weight trigger with no creep!

I'll be giving you a call whan my FAC is in then. I've still got a lot of thinking to do before I decide on the CZ, but I'm pretty sure that's what I'll end up with. I like to spend a couple of months thinking about what I want. With shotguns I tend to just get the idea and run out to buy it. With all the variation lark of the FAC system I like to try to get it right first time with rifles.

Archived