NV scope. Which one ?

Mr dippy

Hi guys

Looking to get a NV. To shoot accurately out to a 100 yds max on a .22 WMR.

I have all Schmidt and benders zenith FD7 reticules on my rifles as far as I know, don't have a adjustable parallax so I guess that would count out the psv14 which I had a look through last night

Probably looking at a pulsar N750 as I will be using it in areas that may have alternative light source near by

Anyone use the 750 or could recommend a suitable unit, would be good to see further than 100 but all the shooting is between 25 and a 100 yds max

Thank you

MD

The N750 is way better than you need for 100m. I have had one on a 223 for four months before I got fed up of tying up a rifle with a night sight. I used it on foxes out to 200m plus with a NM800. You will need extra IR illumination to do this. However it comes with integral IR and that will do for 100m adequately.

I went back to using a day scope and an got an Archer to put on the back. It cost three times as much money, but I didn't get 3 times the performance. I did get to use the rifle during the day which was my main gripe. You can use the N750 during the day but it's dire at best.

IMHO these units are going to finish image intensifiers for civvie use. They are as good as Gen 3 but a tiny fraction of the price without the limitations of over-exposure to light etc.

I have an N750 that I no longer use except for the occasional outing with the 22lr or air gun. I was toying with selling it but am very happy with it and I don't need the cash right now so haven't bothered much . However if you are interested PM me, but as I said it is more than you need.

ATB

Hi guys

Looking to get a NV. To shoot accurately out to a 100 yds max on a .22 WMR.

I have all Schmidt and benders zenith FD7 reticules on my rifles as far as I know, don't have a adjustable parallax so I guess that would count out the psv14 which I had a look through last night

Probably looking at a pulsar N750 as I will be using it in areas that may have alternative light source near by

Anyone use the 750 or could recommend a suitable unit, would be good to see further than 100 but all the shooting is between 25 and a 100 yds max

Thank you

MD

hi, you can use an add on NV with no parallax but it is better with parallax ,I had an Archer on the back of a Duralyt 3-12 x50 which was ok up to x5 mag.

Just get the n750, if you ever change rifle the sight is on you no you will still be good to 200+ yards. No point limiting yourself or wishing you bought differently in the first place. Is it rabbits and fox you are after? Have you looked at the photon?

Cheers Guys for all the info

I shall try and get out and see the other types ASAP

I have two sako quads in varmint .22 LR and .22 WMR

I can swap the barrels over in the blink of an eye for the NV for either calibre. I use the WMR for foxes under a hundred and LR out to eighty on rabbits both do a cracking job and very accurate.

Some areas I have, have mega lamp shy rabbits and foxes a lamp turns them into greyhounds, the farm hands have a occasional lamping sessions with shotguns

Greatly appreciated

MD

Archived