New rifle BAT 6x47

Im hoping my new toy will be with me next week in 6x47

Im thinking (read hoping!) the 6-24x50 Swaro TDS4i I have wont be fine enough and looking at something with a finer ret.

Its got a 20moa rail built in so Im thinking I wont need a massive tubed scope to get out to a very long way?

The conquest inch tube have a 40 odd moa elevation adjustment so with the rail with give me 40moa, looking at some figures 1000 (if I ever feel the need) is only around 30moa with 105gr VLDs

Am I miles out??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used the TET bottom metal? Ive done a trial fit using the AI mag and empty cases and it cycles most of the time but wonder if I need to mod the mag in any way?

Any recommendations to which grease to use also on the bolt as its tight to cycle

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I was thinking about is that the best accuracy came at 39gr which was max according to QL and was shot at 5 degrees and the max charge I tried.

Would you try further higher charges?

If you are getting .2moa at 39g , I'd settle for that ,checking a few more shots : (it's QL max,and pressure will be up a little when temp is warmer-what would another 30 fps give anyhow,even if it was attainable?)

Gbal

To save another thread Ill ask here.

The bottom metal I used from TET is great but is there anything that has a flush fit magazine or is there a three shot AI mag available?

I guess now Ive inletted for the TET, any chance would be different to what I have now?

Cheers chaps and happy new year!

One thing I was thinking about is that the best accuracy came at 39gr which was max according to QL and was shot at 5 degrees and the max charge I tried.

Would you try further higher charges?

with a 105 berger i use 39.4 of Elcho 17 when load testing i went to 39.8 but had a little bit of sticky bolt not too much but the 39.4 gave me better es.

Archived