reloading ?

Aggy

Ok a couple of questions

I get the idea of fire forming brass to a particular chamber but once its shot it then gets full length sized so is that not just returning it to what it was before it was shot ?

I have just bought another Ar 15

so I now have one that is stamped .223 rem the other is .223 but is Wylde chambered .from my understanding this is a slightly looser chamber suitable for our straight pull AR, s and then theres the .223 match .

throw in to the mix they will all shoot milserp .5..56 that is another slight variation

so what gives should brass be kept separate or just bulk loaded .

sorry if this is a numpty question but if you dont ask you dont know

mick

most people I have discussed this with who shoot AR rifles full length size and trim every reload

this is also key if you are going to crimp your rounds so they are a consistent length

I would rather spend my free time on the reloading and enjoy the shooting without any feed issues especially is you are using your rifle in CSR/practical rifle when time is key

For an AR15 shooting CSR matches where easy clambering and extraction are required then F/L resize every time, trim to length 1.750" I think. Keep cases with same head stamp in batches, then trim batches as required, every reload is not necessary unless you like case trimming and have. Giraud Case Trimmer.

Suggest you get a Dillon F/L carbide sizing die and Forster Ultra Seater and you'll be good to go. A JP Match case gauge will help in finding those cases that are not going to chamber easily.

Hello John I use a dillon xl650 with a carbide F/l die .trim every now and then maybe ever two reloads .so mixing my brass between my guns is not an issue ?

mick

Archived