Rcbs thread size .

Dustyman

Looking to drill and tap some additional parts to fit onto my RCBS trim mate . I just need to source a set of the correct taps to do it but the only info I seem to be able to find at the moment refers to the fittings being " on an 8-32 thread size ". Does anyone happen to know what specific type this 8-32 thread this is UNC , UNF ETC ? I was assuming it a 32 thread per inch, Thread guage seems to confirm 32 threads per inch but thread form im a bit lost on The No 8 part , O/Dia of 8/32 ( Where listed ) is stated as 0.164 " in most places I can find but measuring the small stub of thread that comes with the RCBS handle for hand case prep that fits in the tools and the trim mate , . that's measuring an O/Dia of 0.159 so im a bit lost . Any one any ideas please . and if they have any suggestions of where best to go for the taps would help . Need a full set and plug tap if poss . Thanks for looking Cheers Ian

Looking to drill and tap some additional parts to fit onto my RCBS trim mate . I just need to source a set of the correct taps to do it but the only info I seem to be able to find at the moment refers to the fittings being " on an 8-32 thread size ". Does anyone happen to know what specific type this 8-32 thread this is UNC , UNF ETC ? I was assuming it a 32 thread per inch, Thread guage seems to confirm 32 threads per inch but thread form im a bit lost on The No 8 part , O/Dia of 8/32 ( Where listed ) is stated as 0.164 " in most places I can find but measuring the small stub of thread that comes with the RCBS handle for hand case prep that fits in the tools and the trim mate , . that's measuring an O/Dia of 0.159 so im a bit lost . Any one any ideas please . and if they have any suggestions of where best to go for the taps would help . Need a full set and plug tap if poss . Thanks for looking Cheers Ian

8-32 is a UNC thread, I think you will need to drill 3.5mm

just search 8-32 on eebay and loads are there.

Archived