.223 change

shrek

Iv finally decided to part with my beloved AR15, for somthing abit more practical for what i need a 223 for. As im not shooting old 5.56 ball down range anymore all it was used was for foxing, and the bolt slamming shut isnt exactly descreet.

So anyway iv gone and found myself a lovley little remmy 700, medium barrel in a hs precision stock. Not sure on the model, but take for granted it'll be a 1-12 rather than the 1-9 twist i had in my AR. Question is, does anyone else shoot a factory remmy 700 in 223 and what loads do you get on well with, obviously a how long is a peice of string question as every rifle is different, but just thought id ask!

I shrek I used to shoot a .223 load was 28grns of BLC-2 40grn v-max fed 205 primer Lapua brass very fast and accurate load good luck with your new rifle and you made a good choice I have a remmy 700 in .20tac love it. lots of after sales parts for them get baldie to fit you a tactical bolt knob makes all the difference and jewel trigger.

Yeah,, 50/53 vmax and 52amax using vit 130 and 133 are my favourite mix,s.Benchmark is good too 25.5 has been well safe in three 223,s I have burnt out. Short barrels I would choose vit 130 but generally speaking across the weight of 50-53,,,,,24 to 24.5 of 133 in a 24" tube will give 3300 ish without stress and safe in all uk temperatures.There are endless recipes for the 223 just like good old 308.

55 grain BLITZKINGS

22.8 N-133

lapua brass neck sized

fed205M primers

col.2293

this was my accuracy load in my old remmy . 3/4" @ 200yards. id be looking to use 53 grain Vmax now , it wasn't available back then .. goood luck and work up .. :)

Archived